Thread: As if I didn't already like Oliva enough...

1. Default As if I didn't already like Oliva enough...

So I was at one of the local B&Ms today, and was purchasing some serie O and serie G, 2 of each to be exact, nothing big. And all of a sudden some lad that was standing behind me said "Today if you buy 4 you get 1 free" and hands me another serie G, not out of the cabinet but out of his suit coat - it was the Oliva rep, but I didn't really know what to say I kinda had that "gee thanks mister" look on my face I guess.

Thought that was pretty neat...anyhow...
    Last edited by MrTamborineMan; 07-21-2009 at 11:03 PM.

Sounds like a good deal to me! I like the Serie G, have yet to try the O. I should go to my B&M more often in hopes of running in to a rep.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

My B&M is having a Oliva event next week. I love the Serie O, but haven't tried the G yet should be a good opportunity to try one.

That's a pretty common deal at many B&Ms. The vendor varies from event to event.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TravPSU View Post
    Sounds like a good deal to me! I like the Serie G, have yet to try the O. I should go to my B&M more often in hopes of running in to a rep.
    You should go to your local b/m more to interact with other cigar smokers,and to support a local small business, not to score free shit.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    You should go to your local b/m more to interact with other cigar smokers,and to support a local small business, not to score free shit.
    I agree, it is nice to get free stuff, but the businesses need our business not people to take advantage of their kindness from time to time. Wish I had a b&m near me that actually had a lounge to smoke in. I would go and buy there.
    Just another day at the office!

7. Default

My friend is an Oliva rep . He always has cool shit to smoke,lots of it not for the general public
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    I agree, it is nice to get free stuff, but the businesses need our business not people to take advantage of their kindness from time to time. Wish I had a b&m near me that actually had a lounge to smoke in. I would go and buy there.

I've gone every week since I started this fun hobby. Granted it's only been a few weeks but I spend my fair share each time I go. Besides, its the rep's job to give away shit to get people to try their brand or to keep customers loyal. And I'm not going to butt in to a herf they have going on at the B&M. If they invite me I'll sure stay and interact.

If I know a rep is going to be there a certain day then I would probably go out of my way to make it there. Otherwise I only go when I can find time. Like I said, its the reps job to get customers to their brand. I don't see the harm in wanting to get free stuff. /shrug
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Got that deal at my favorite shop recently, plus an entry into a drawing for a kegerator. It worked, I went back to buy more. I mean, cigars keep well, might as well strike at opportunity.

I do that in fact I was going soo much they offerd me a job so now I get 10% off my sticks
    Occupation Foole

My local B&M has at least one rep there per week and most of the events are "cut and light" the rep gives out sticks to try and runs specials with free sticks based on quantity purchased. As much as I've enjoyed the samples I've really enjoyed being able to shoot the S$!^ with other cigar smokers.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

perdomo around my way today the 24th. hopefully they have some habano maduro boxes because they were all out the last time i went in.

Thread Information