Thread: Honeywell TM005X Wireless Thermohygrometer

Default Honeywell TM005X Wireless Thermohygrometer

Got this the other day. Did the salt test and it read 70% after 14 hours. I emailed Honeywell and asked how accurate these things are. The guy tells me they are accurate within +/- 5%-7%. I'd be okay if I knew it was going to be off 5% each and every time, but if the RH reading changes I'll always wonder if its the hygrometer or if the RH is actually changing.

I thought I was getting a deal at $24. I guess I got what I paid for. BTW, I couldn't find that information anywhere before I bought it. I'll probably keep it as a cheap weather station. Looks like I'll be buying a better one soon.

I did a quick search and saw this one was recommended.
    http://www.littlehavanacigars.com/pr...?prod=HY1062LT
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

The calibration differential should remain stable, if you're confident that it had stabilized at 70% during the salt test, you just need to remember to add 5% to whatever it reads...

Should be good to go.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I hope so. I'm going to do an extended salt test with another hygrometer. I'll add the results after its completed to see if it keeps the 5% differential. Anymore, I'm skeptical with any hygrometer I purchase. They seem to give me varying results.

EDIT: I guess I should add a little more about the unit. It is really a nice little device. Small but the numbers are big and easy to read. It can support up to 3 remote devices up to 100ft. The devices are fairly small as well, could easily fit in most humidors without sacrificing too much room. Really my only complaint is the accuracy of the humidity sensor.

Just did a 36 hour salt test and it read 70% consistently throughout.

Thread Information