Thread: cigar iPhone app

1. Default cigar iPhone app

So a search of the iPhone AppStore shows a view cigar apps. One a review database and one a personal journal app. Anyone have any experience with either or other ones that they would recommend. Having either on my phone would be convinient since iforget to put them in my journal once I am done or back at my computer.

don't have an iphone but i was curious and did a little search,.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giuuS9uLDkU

Quote Originally Posted by victory01 View Post

I'm a total ipod/iphone novice...my brother let slip that my parents are getting me an ipod touch 2g for my b-day at the end of august...does anyone know if these applications only work for the iphone or should I be able to use them on in the ipod touch...
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

I have both. The "Tasting Notes" app is quite good, but consider it more of a multi-purpose review database that needs a little polishing. The good news is that it's highly configurable so you can change things to suit your preferences. For example I added a "wife rating" to mine, so I recall which ones she likes also. I added a "source" item so I remember where they came from. Etc.

The other one is a reference but just that, and really, you could probably find the same online cheap. I haven't found it particularly useful.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbysh9 View Post
    I'm a total ipod/iphone novice...my brother let slip that my parents are getting me an ipod touch 2g for my b-day at the end of august...does anyone know if these applications only work for the iphone or should I be able to use them on in the ipod touch...
    This is kinda unrelated, but you might want to somehow let your parents know that Apple usually refreshes the ipod touch lineup in September. This means you could end up with twice the capacity for the same price, or with some new features. Just a heads up that it would probably be waiting an extra half month for.

I checked out the cigar apps on my girlfriends iphone (I don't own one or an itouch). They seemed interested, and they are pretty cheap so probably worth messing around with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by victory01 View Post

This is pretty kewl!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

7. Default New iphone apps

I saw there were some new apps in the store last week. One was a free app for the best cigars of the year for the last 4 years or so. They also had a monthly list with photos. I don't know the apps full name but the company was FCR.

8. Default

I understand the App Store is still in its infancy, apps are difficult to monetize, and people are scrambling to get their product out the door even if it’s buggy as hell.

Thread Information