Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA Div I Football

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    Alabama need I say more?
    The SEC is on top right now, signing such a large contract with ESPN. For that, I congratulate them. But they won't be on top for long. What happens when they start to suck, and are on TV all the time?

BTW, Saban has NO LOVE here at all.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    I'm still skeptical. A couple of things:
    Unlike any other coach in Division I ball, Weiss is on the hot seat; he knows that not only will he need to perform to keep his job, but Notre Dame doesn't want to start all over again with a new coach and more losing seasons. Sure, it doesn't have anything to do with how the players play, but it's still a factor. I think they'll fall flat. Anything less than a BCS birth and he'll be out. The fact that they don't play in a conference hurts them tremendously, as well. And, their schedule is tired. They need to throw in relevant teams to be considered a relevant contender - someone from the SEC, WAC, or MWC.

I don't know. The whole thing stinks.

Just my opinion, by the way, don't take it personal.
    Oh for sure! I love talking college football, especially with someone that has some knowledge! As far as taking it personal, you won't find that problem with me. Thanks for the insight.
    All my ex's live in Texas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fuma787 View Post
    Oh for sure! I love talking college football, especially with someone that has some knowledge! As far as taking it personal, you won't find that problem with me. Thanks for the insight.
    Good to hear. One more question for you: do you think ND should join a conference? Which one? And why?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

The SEC is on top right now, signing such a large contract with ESPN. For that, I congratulate them. But they won't be on top for long. What happens when they start to suck, and are on TV all the time?

BTW, Saban has NO LOVE here at all.

i was listening to ESPN radio and they had a forbes top 10 most hated list of active people in sports...Saban was on it!!! he always runs for something better.

Good to hear. One more question for you: do you think ND should join a conference? Which one? And why?
    I don't want them to but, I think they should join a conference and if they did it would be the Big East. They would join the Big East because all their sports clubs already play there, I think they would attract a lot more student/athletes that they may have not gotten as an indy school and they would be forced to drop the number of rivalries they play each year (USC, Mich., Mich St., Purdue, etc.). Strangely not having USC, Mich. and BC on your schedule every year makes for less L's on your record sheet at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Brigham Young University. I fell in love with their style of playing as a kid watching the original "west coast offense" Mr. Walsh stole from Lavelle Edwards with QBs like Steve Young, Robbie Bosco and Jim McMahon. I picked this team at 6 or 7 years old before I even knew what a Mormon was. It is pretty funny in this state when the Utes fans make the rivalry with BYU out to be some sort of holy war. I shoot that right down due to the fact the Brigham Young founded both Universities- U of U being the first of the two...

As you can imagine, I am not a big fan of the BCS system. Utah or BYU could go toe to toe with the big conference teams; especially at home. Their non-conference records and teams beat over the years back that up...
    Let me quote myself and say that was one hell of a win over the might OU Sooners last night!!!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

First Boise St. puts a hurting on Oregon then BYU thrashes Oklahoma! The lines seperating "ELITE" teams and mid-majors have become much harder to see. You have to love it. Congrats slcraiders!

Damn, only a few votes for Texas Tech in the rankings. Ok, Harrell and Crabtree are gone, but where's the love for Leach?

Man, OU took a tumble right after Bradford did. Bastards.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Are you all nuts!!!!

LSU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNBLAZE View Post
    Are you all nuts!!!!

LSU
    I don't know, Rich. Something about the Tigers giving up almost 500 yards to a team that didn't win a game last year - it doesn't have me all jump-up-and-down crazy for them. I personally would like to see everyone in the SEC lose every single game this season. Is that possible?

It was an interesting weekend, however. Didn't think BYU would pull off that upset. I know a lot of OU fans that are awfully sore right now. But good for them. Gotta get out of the mentality that only teams in the east can play football.

Can't believe Blount's punch. Wow.

I stand proudly by by Buckeyes. I just hope Navy doesn't let us down this year, and has a great season. Should be an interesting game vs. USC @ home.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Default Maybe I'm an Idiot

Let me get this straight:

1) Texas wins by 10, stays at #2.

2) Cal beats Minnesota by 2 touchdowns, and raises 2 spots

3) LSU beats ULL by 4 touchdowns, and raises 2 spots

4) Ohio State blanks Toledo on the road, and drops 2 spots.

???????

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Default Musical Coaches

So, Leach, Leavitt, Bowden, Brooks, Kragthorpe, Mangino, Carroll, Groh and Weis are out.

Tuberville, Kiffin, and Kelly have changed teams.

No one knows what Urban Meyer is doing.

Next season looks good, and we're still 9 months away......

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information