Thread: Bought some new golf clubs, now buying a house: Just trying to keep the economy afloa

Default Bought some new golf clubs, now buying a house: Just trying to keep the economy afloa

Thursday, Woman comes home and convinces me that it really does make since to buy a house and that it is financially feasible. After she shows me why she is right, and where my preconceived notions were wrong, the house/realtor/pre-approval search began. So we have filled out the forms for the pre-approval process, got in contact with our realtor, and have already been to a few open houses this past weekend. We visited one house Sunday which we would love to own, so hopefully we can take our agent there Today/Tomorrow to get her opinion. The parents are already asking if they can stay in our new house. We have told them we would love to continue that conversation ONCE we buy a house. Got to love mothers- they are already trying to talk us into turning every room into a bed room just so they have a place to stay!

Paralleling this, we entered the weekend with the goal of coming out of it with new golf clubs. Saturday, I was fitted (3 times by 3 different stores- (kind of funny when I hit the last store and told the fitter what a good starting point would be). I left the last store with them ordering a set of Ping G-10s, 3 through PW. I am the exception in many aspects, but certainly when it comes to my view of a 3 iron- I can hit that sucker. Woman fell in love with some Ping graphite demo clubs which were just allowed to be sold and there we went. I'm envious that she has hers now, while I'm a week away.

The best part about all of this is that I love deals and the wife is fairly thrifty, and in both of these cases, we are/have been able to take advantage of serious discounts, savings, credits and kickbacks. Our planets are aligning.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

That's awesome about the house search! I also love Ping golf equipment. Sounds like a fun time for you!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

I've been thinking on and off about buying a house. The current house I'm renting is really nice and I might look to buy it off the owners, which are friends of the family.

Good luck with getting the house you found and love.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Congrats on being a future home owner!

I finally got to see mine after owning for 8 months and what a pleasure it was, although it was a bit surreal since I'm now back in Iraq and being here feels more like "home" than my house does.

My wife and I saw the home in August last year and I couldn't justify the premium being asked when all the other home prices were falling like a ton of bricks and it had been on the market since March/April. It had been on the market for just over 120 days before we saw it and was pushing 250 days when we finalized the paperwork on it this past December. We signed everything right after Christmas and I finally got to enjoy it while I was home last month.

I had told our agent I wouldn't consider buying the house until the price was more inline with the rest of the market, and when he asked me how much I would offer on the house I told him no more than $172k, even though it was listed for $199k when we saw it. That's when he told me I would never get this house for that price. When it was all said and done, the house started at $229k and we got it for $170k.

I suspect you're gonna get a killer deal too, my friend.

Kris
    Last edited by MarineOne; 08-22-2009 at 01:59 AM.

Congrats on the big purchase, I'm sure you'll be very happy. And congrats on the house too. Which was harder to pick out?

Blog Entries

The house is just a place you visit when you're not playing golf!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Thread Information