Thread: Opus flavored xXx...yummm

Default Opus flavored xXx...yummm

We are joking around with flavored cigars in the free cigar thread, and I thought I would share this little story with you. I swore I was never going to post this, but what the hell.

Two weekends ago I was at the camp with my son. We go just about every weekend. I love to smoke on the porch over the bayou and watch the sunset thinking how good life is.

Saturday night, I had that Padron 7000 from the pass, thinking how I was going to beat this smoke for my Sunday morning smoke. I happen to bring a Opus Power Ranger with me and thinking that would be awesome the next day after a good breakfast.

So, Sunday morning we woke up. We took a little boat ride and caught a couple of fish on our jug lines then headed back to the camp. The coffee was smelling good while I made the pancakes and sausage. All I could think about was smoking that Power Ranger after breakfast. Everything was ready and we decided to eat out on the porch. I finished eating and was waiting on my son to finish his so I could pick up the dishes, get a fresh cup of joe and light the Power Ranger on the porch. As I was bringing the dishes inside, my son tripped on the doorway and when i went to catch him the Power Ranger fell out of my top pocket into a plate off half eaten pancakes and maple syrup!

I quickly went inside and very carefully tried to remove as much syrup as I could without smearing it on the rest of the cigar. I let it sit for awile and had another cup of coffee. It started to dawn on me just to try it like that it can't hurt and I was just going to trash it anyway. So there I was lighting an Opus Power Ranger that had maple syrup on one side of it. I really enjoyed it and it didn't have a maple taste at all. The only problem was keeping the burn going correctly. The smoke did have a little different smell on the relights though!

Lesson learned....don't take your cigar out of your travel humidor until you ready to light it up!

Rich

Great story Rich, thanks for sharing.

- Andrew
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

With all that syrup you probably did not have a problem holding onto it either LOL
    Just another day at the office!

McDonalds created a hit when infusing their egg mcmuffins with syrup. Maybe you are on to the next big thing, syrup infused cigars.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

mmMMMmmm...

Sausage Egg McOpus!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    mmMMMmmm...

Sausage Egg McOpus!
    LOL, I like it!
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    mmMMMmmm...

Sausage Egg McOpus!
    Are those on the value menu?
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Thread Information