Thread: has this ever happened to you?

Default has this ever happened to you?

yesterday when i came home i ate dinner and then lit up something i normally smoke several times a week. It always has had good flavor, IMO. I lit it up and i could barely even taste the tobacco. I decided maybe this was just a bad cigar. I then smoked a torano exodus 1959 torpedo thats been in my humidor for about a month and the same thing, very litte taste. I went out for a drink later that night and i brought with me a gurkha doble maduro and the same thing.

this ever happen? i was pretty disappointed. i was trying to enjoy a nice smoke and i couldn't. any thoughts?

Happens to me right before I catch a cold or such....

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNBLAZE View Post
    Happens to me right before I catch a cold or such....

Rich
    its pretty disappointing. maybe allergies could play a part?

Blog Entries

I've noticed the same thing when I am getting sick or am sick. Better get that Emergen-C going!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Read a blog post on Cigar Aficionado talking about how 1 bad stick sitting in a humidor can make all the sticks touching it taste like !!!!

- Andrew
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbysh9 View Post
    Read a blog post on Cigar Aficionado talking about how 1 bad stick sitting in a humidor can make all the sticks touching it taste like !!!!

- Andrew
    Short of the "bad" stick being flavored, I just don't buy this at all. But then again, I'm no afficiando.

Have you been smoking more lately than usual? I've noticed that sometimes when I'm smoking way more than normal all the smokes start tasting the same.

IMO, medication can have a major affect on taste. Not that I take much medication. That reminds me, I need to take my medication. JK

Blog Entries

You are correct DeeDubya. This has happened to me. In my case it happened when I started a new medication and after several days it passed.
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Short of the "bad" stick being flavored, I just don't buy this at all. But then again, I'm no afficiando.

Have you been smoking more lately than usual? I've noticed that sometimes when I'm smoking way more than normal all the smokes start tasting the same.
    i smoke 1-2 a day, nothing serious. the three sticks i smoked yesterday weren't even on the same level in my humidor so i don't think it could have been the bad stick touchin the others. they just all tasted the same. i'll take some vitamin C and try one tonight.

appeciate all the input!!

Did you have the same issue with the food you ate? I've experienced the same issue before getting sick and smoking my first smoke after getting sick.

Also, defintely make sure you are hydrated when smoking. I notice when my palate is dry, I don't get the same flavor profile from my favorite smokes.

Andrew

Blog Entries

Could just be that you "burned out" your taste buds. Give them a couple days to rest and try again.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbysh9 View Post

- Andrew

Bullshit.
    The older I get ,the better I was

i was good the next day. could have been allergies

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Bullshit.
    Agreed. Cigars don't work like the hand of Midas.

Agreed. Cigars don't work like the hand of Midas.
    It'd be damn cool if they did. You could buy dog rockets and touch them with your Midas stick...
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Thread Information