Thread: Travel Humidor ???

1. Default Travel Humidor ???

Guys,

newbie to cigars and had a question. I did post a thread in "cigars" that I am a newbie.

I am going on a cruise soon and would like to bring a couples sticks with me, what is the easiest way to store them for travel?

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Derek

Blog Entries

Any of the otter-box style travel cases will work fine. They are available in various capacities, and seal very well. Plus, you can drive a truck over them without crushing your cigars.

Google search for Cigar Caddy, you'll see what I'm talking about.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

+1 for cigar caddy.

They really make a nice little travel humidor at a great price.
    www.prohumidors.com - Premium Humidors and Cigar accessories.

I've got the 50 count version from Cheap Humidors and it's built like a tank.

Kris

Hi Derek

I also would recommend the Cigar Caddy.

Also, I would suggest that you contact the cruise line to make sure that you can smoke onboard. quite a few cruise lines no longer allow smoking of cigars, even in their Cigar Bars.

sammis

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Default Get a travel cigar case

I just got back from a cruise on carnival 2 weeks ago and I only had a humi bag. Ended up carrying one in my pocket only to find out the cigar bar did not let you smoke there all the time. Wish I would have had a plastic cigar case or something because it nearly ruined the cigar carrying it in my pocket. Enjoy your cruise! Where you going? On which line? I am totally jealous! Kudos. Roger.

Welcome to the board!
    Just another day at the office!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I just got back from a cruise on carnival 2 weeks ago and I only had a humi bag. Ended up carrying one in my pocket only to find out the cigar bar did not let you smoke there all the time. Wish I would have had a plastic cigar case or something because it nearly ruined the cigar carrying it in my pocket. Enjoy your cruise! Where you going? On which line? I am totally jealous! Kudos. Roger.

Welcome to the board!
    Thank for the reocmmendations fellas.
    I am going to Cozumel & Grand Cayman on Carnival

Thumbs up

The Xikar travel humidors, and Cigar Caddys are excellent . . . I have the 5-stick Cigar Caddy for traveling, taking to parties, and fits perfect in my golf bag. Well worth the money!

Quote Originally Posted by hondahondaf4 View Post
    Thank for the reocmmendations fellas.
    I am going to Cozumel & Grand Cayman on Carnival

I went on that cruise quite a few years ago. Too bad I didn't smoke cigars back then. It was a blast, lots of good memories.

I did buy a bunch of alcohol (duty free) but the airline smashed it in my luggage and it ruined a bunch of clothes. I would go with one of the caddies just to make sure they aren't crushed if you are traveling via airplane to where the cruise leaves port (Miami?).
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Grand Caymon is one of my favorite islands...there are 2 really great and reputable cigars shops on the island and have always had a good selection ISOMs.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

I just got on cigarbid and found a 5 count Herf-a-dor for auction. They had several and they went for about half price of what they sell for in the Cigars International catalog.

Thread Information