Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Fantasy Football-Cigarsmokers.com

Default 2009 Fantasy Football-Cigarsmokers.com League

Alrighty folks, 2009's NFL season is just over a month a way. I've renewed the league and had yahoo send out invites to the members who are still around and were in the league last year. Below you will find the league info (LIVE DRAFT TIME HERE), but first, something new:

This year we are going to change things up, namely by making our league a keeper league going forward. Yahoo has something in place for this, though I'm not sure how to get it to work. If I can't figure it out by the end of the season, then we'll do our keepers for 2010 manually. We do not get to keep anybody from 2008. Also, if a manager leaves the league the keepers go back to the draft.

The league is open to all members, but veterans of the league and board get first dibs (and I define veteran of the latter). I'm hoping to get 12 teams this year, we had 8 last year. We can also decide on the total playoff teams if we get 12 teams for the league, maybe we up it to 6 teams.

If it is 12 teams, the buy-in is 25 dollars. If it is 10 teams, the buy-in is 30 dollars. All of the money goes towards buying the prizes at the end of the season, winner's choice.

Keeper Rules:
    Now, a reminder, we're doing keepers at the end of this year, this is how it is going to work:

You get to keep 1 player at the end of this season for next season. That player will count as your first round pick. This will all be done manually and I will keep the keeper list safe and sound until next September's draft.

Your keeper is tradeable for either a draft pick (first round) or another person's keeper who becomes your keeper (thus you lose your first round pick still).

Now, if you trade away a keeper for a first round pick, then you'll have two first round picks next year. If you decide after having traded away your keeper to make another player you keeper, you will then lose one of your first round picks. For example: I have Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson, two worthy keepers. Let's say I keep Peterson, but end up deciding to trade him away so I can have two first round picks. Geoff trades me for him, so I get Geoff's first round pick, plus my own because I no longer have a keeper. Then, let's say I decide to make Rodgers a keeper. I lose one of my two first round picks. Then, should Dan come along and decide he doesn't want any of his players and wants Rodgers, I can trade Rodgers to him. I then end up with 3 first round picks. My own, Geoff's and Dan's. You can do this as many times as you can find someone willing to engage in a trade with you.

The only time I'll step in is when the player is not an obvious keeper or when it appears individuals are "working together" in order to have one team stacked and then split the future winnings.

For those who leave the league and do not return, new managers will have no keepers.

Players:
    BigMacFU
    Geoffrie
    Heftysmokes-Received
    Factored Reality-Received
    SLCRaiders-Received
    Rugbysh9-Received
    Cajunblaze-Received
    Derivation-Received
    CgarDan
    Sidewinder-Received

(Sorry EGQ, not enough people signed up, so we're going to have to cut the last person to join from the league.)

Here are the league settings, minus the password. FOGs/BOTLs, if you don't remember it, pm me.

League ID#: 441631
    League Name: Cigarsmokers.com League
    Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....e/cigarsmokers
    Draft Type: Live Draft
    Draft Time: Mon Sep 7 10:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
    Max Teams: 8
    Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Start Scoring on: Week 1
    Can't Cut List Provider: None
    Max Moves: No maximum
    Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
    Max Trades: No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 1
    Trade End Date: November 20, 2009
    Trade Review: Commissioner
    Waiver Time: 1 day
    Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
    Weekly Waivers None
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)
    Divisions: No
    Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
    Fractional Points: Yes
    Negative Points: Yes
    Offense League Value
    Completions .5
    Passing Yards 50 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 500 yards 25 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 500 yards
    Passing Touchdowns 6
    Interceptions -2
    Sacks -1
    Rushing Yards 20 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards
    Rushing Touchdowns 6
    Receptions 1
    Reception Yards 20 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 250 yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 250 yards
    Reception Touchdowns 6
    Return Yards 30 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -2
    Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Kickers League Value
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
    Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
    Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -3
    Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -2
    Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1
    Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards -.5
    Point After Attempt Made 1
    Point After Attempt Missed -1

Defense/Special Teams League Value
    Sack 2
    Interception 2
    Fumble Recovery 2
    Touchdown 6
    Safety 4
    Block Kick 2
    Points Allowed 0 points 10
    Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
    Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
    Points Allowed 14-20 points 2
    Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
    Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
    Points Allowed 35+ points -4
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 12-01-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Added Keeper Rules
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I would like to play if there is an open slot available.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

You're in. I'll update the first post with guys who've either rejoined on the yahoo side or let me know here.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I'm down if you'll have me.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

I'm in it to win it this year.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Not a problem rugby, since the league is a buy-in, I'll need the money before you get your password, but don't worry about that right now since we're not sure how many teams we'll have. We'll hopefully have that set at least 2 weeks before the draft so that there's ample time to know the money amount, get it out, and get your password so you can pre-rank your draft.

I never really played in a fantasy league...but I am up for it!

Let me know if this should be a first experience.

Rich

It absolutely can be, so long as you know your NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNBLAZE View Post
    I never really played in a fantasy league...but I am up for it!

Let me know if this should be a first experience.

Rich

Rich the few $ you buck up for prizes only serves to help you stay focused on it throughout the season. I don't think I've ever played in a league for less than $10, just to keep it a little interesting.

Andrew
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

The champ will return.

Count me in!

Wow a rookie winning this year!

Rich

Deri is not allowed back, he won

I'm going to pick an all saints team!

NOT!

Rich

CgarDan is back for another losing season I see.

Sorry I had to re-register as my team name was strikingly similar to SLCraiders.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Is the draft date and time (Sun Sep 6 6:45pm PDT) firm?

Good call Deri, I thought Labor day was the week prior. Okay, so draft is now Monday night Sep. 7th. It's at 10pm ET.

Anybody else out there, we want one more team at least (I think we're at 9, trying to reconcile the list today), but are hoping for 3.
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 08-12-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Cool, that time is much better for me.

Default 2009

I'd like to get in again if possible.
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

Sidewinder is in. We've got 10 so far, come on now, we want 2 more!

Thread Information