Thread: 65% discount on air purifiers

Default 65% discount on air purifiers

Enter promo code T9PEAAA during checkout for 65% off.

Figured I buy one for the garage / man cave, may come in handy this winter when its too cold to crack the window. For a little over $50 I'll give it a try. At the very least I can stick it in the bedroom when one of the hounds decides to barf on the carpet.

http://www.holmesproducts.com/Produc....aspx?pid=1565

add the hygrometer to your order and you should get free shipping (orders over $55).

http://www.holmesproducts.com/Produc...J&CJ_ID=919776

some other stuff...

Good deal. Does anyone know on average how often you need to replace the filters in these things?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

I was wondering the same thing. I figure I will be running it a couple of hours a week at best so hopefully they will last a while.

Blog Entries

I replace the filter in my "home-made" purifier about every month in the wintertime. (That's about two boxes of cigars.)

However, there are sooooooo many variables that the above statement is pretty much meaningless .

I will say that if you want the odor-erasing, etc., benefits of the activated charcoal, then you'll have to replace the carbon filters more often then you'll want to.

A washable foam pre-filter is a really good idea, and greatly extends the life of the fine-particle filter in my experience. Actually, the purifier that you linked to looks big enough that you can use a cut-up furnace filter as a pre-filter.
    Last edited by craig; 08-14-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: corrected cigar quantity
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thanks for the info Craig. The owner's manual for this unit states that the HEPA filters, on average, need to be relplaced every 12 to 18 months. The carbon filters need to be replaced about every 6 months.

This thing takes 3 filters at $25 each. At least it comes with an extra set of carbon filters.

We're sorry, but code T9PEAAA is invalid, or you have not qualified for any discounts.

Guess I waited to long
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Thanks for the info Craig. The owner's manual for this unit states that the HEPA filters, on average, need to be relplaced every 12 to 18 months. The carbon filters need to be replaced about every 6 months.

This thing takes 3 filters at $25 each. At least it comes with an extra set of carbon filters.
    Yeah, I had a Panasonic that gave similar numbers. I ran the unit 24/7 and there were two of us smoking cigarettes plus there was the incredible shedding dog. Substituting "weeks" for "months" was more like it.

It all depends on the size of the room, pets, number of cigars smoked, circulation, how long the unit is on, etc. Also, it isn't an on/off thing. The filter eventually clogs - but it still filters, just not as efficiently.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thread Information