Hey everyone!

So, if there was a sub-title for this review, it would have to be - A Series Of Unfortunate Events!

*Please note: This is my first review on here.

Cigar: Private Stock #6
Manufacturer: Davidoff
Filler: Dominican
Wrapper: Connecticut
Binder: Dominican
Length/Ring: 5 1/4 x 46
Smoking time: 1 Hour and 20 Mins to the end of 2nd Third.

Story goes, my first cigar was a Davidoff Millennium Series 1000 - and so far that is, for lack of more appropriate wording, my favorite cigar IMHO - flavorful, perfect draw, mild (just right for me), a lot of smoke for fun, and just a swell first time for me.

I wanted to take a shot on the Private Stock. Davidoff deemed dependable for a great time for me, and although the Private Stock isn't really their selling line for a great cigar, it had the "Davidoff" making so I jumped on the opportunity. Boy oh Boy was it an interesting time.

First, I used a double-guillotine cutter. Simply said, I think I made a great mistake by cutting too much off the head, so for the first time I had the outer wrapper near the head unravel! Darn-it, but I was still determined. The band held it in piece, but about at the start of the second/third, the body of the cigar started to unravel as well....lesson learned.

Second, I used my trusty Ronson Single Flame Torch from Walmart to light the foot, BUT I was out of luck because, I think, I ran out of lighter fluid! The torch wouldn't light!!!

Still determined and patient, I grabbed my matches and that sufficed, lit the foot and proceeded to the ritual.

First Third:
THE BEST thing about the Private Stock was the aroma of the cigar! I don't think I've ever smelled anything like the Private Stock aroma, I very much enjoyed that. The flavor was lightly nutty, but my palate still isn't that developed to detect anything else.

Here's when my patience was tested:
I had another first, my first plug! I think it was, because I was happily puffing, but then it just died! Like, almost instantaneously. I believe that is what a plug is? Please clarify this for me, veterans.

AND I had many plugs in the first third! A whole lot, I lost count, I used up many many matches to get the cigar to relight again!

This continued to happen until the end of the First Third. :( It took me 1 hour to get through this First Third because of all the plugs I went through, relighting, etc.

Second Third:

After plenty relighting and encountering plenty plugs, I reached the second third. No flavor changes, still giving off that sweet aroma, and it went pretty smooth for about a good 20 mins. I was enjoying it, until it gave I think it reached it's end. As I said before, around the Second Third the body started to unravel, then I reached again another plug.

I gave it one last try at a relight, with matched, but here's where I had another first - and I'm sure this must be not good. On this last relight, I noticed that the foot where the ash fell off, it started getting black. Has this ever happened to any of you before, I'm a major NEWB.

With that, I gently let it die, and as a grand finale, after I took the band that was holding together the parts of the head where the wrapper unraveled - the places where the body unraveled (in the Second Third) and the head unraveled (after the cut) simply...unraveled. What I'm trying to say is that...the whole cigar unraveled when I took off the band. :(

I'd also like to add that the Private Stock, when in healthy condition as I was smoking it, did NOT let me have lots of smoke. This made it not so fun for me, because I like a lot of smoke - it makes it more enjoyable for me personally.

.......................And that's the end of my review. I think it's still worth a try, besides my newb attempts and the fact that by reputation it's not Davidoff's quality cigar, I'm sure I just had bad luck and bad skill combined to give me: A Series of Unfortunate Events.

*Please feel free to give me constructive criticism.

**This experience does not deter my search for my favorite cigar and/or stop me from smoking cigars. Bottom line though: I don't think the Private Stock was it.