Thread: Planning an over the top in nyc of 2009

Default Planning an over the top in nyc of 2009

Newbie David presiding,
    Im new to this forum as well as to the cigar world, but i have grown very fond of it and can see it will be a very expensive but fun hobby. Im only 24 yrs old and love having a good time with an array of people and personalties. I want to throw a herf in brooklyn nyc in an outdoor lounge. Trying to arrange it so that a veteran cigar enthusiast would be able to teach the rest of the particpant proper technique and cigar etiquette. Also provide an update of whats new out there accessory wise or cigar wise. There would be entertainment food and drinks. The goal would be for it to be a fun and interactive enviornmet, where everyone feels at home. Please feel free to email me or contact me if your interested. Im looking to have throw it sometime in later september early october.As i gather more information i will let you know!!
    THANKS FOR VIEWING AND I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!
    Why must i settle for just comfortable?
    I have one life to live.
    And i want to be wealthy!
    No reason i shouldnt want to be.

Blog Entries

To quote a man wiser than I:
    Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

I'm trying to figure out who "LUCIANPOPPY" is...

Is that you youngfurbee? ...and why the name change?

Blog Entries

I'd like to think I know where this is going, but I honestly have no idea. I'm confused...
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Young Forbes View Post
    Newbie David presiding,
    Im new to this forum as well as to the cigar world, but i have grown very fond of it and can see it will be a very expensive but fun hobby. Im only 24 yrs old and love having a good time with an array of people and personalties. I want to throw a herf in brooklyn nyc in an outdoor lounge. Trying to arrange it so that a veteran cigar enthusiast would be able to teach the rest of the particpant proper technique and cigar etiquette. Also provide an update of whats new out there accessory wise or cigar wise. There would be entertainment food and drinks. The goal would be for it to be a fun and interactive enviornmet, where everyone feels at home. Please feel free to email me or contact me if your interested. Im looking to have throw it sometime in later september early october.As i gather more information i will let you know!!
    THANKS FOR VIEWING AND I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!
    I'll tell you right now, I wouldn't feel at home (umm, I usually don't anyway, unless I'm actually at home.)

Either way, David I think you would need to hang out and interact on the board ALOT more before you go ahead and plan a big blowout herf, and expect anyone from this board to attend. However, I'm not seeing too much interaction on your end just some spam.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I'll tell you right now, I wouldn't feel at home (umm, I usually don't anyway, unless I'm actually at home.)

Either way, David I think you would need to hang out and interact on the board ALOT more before you go ahead and plan a big blowout herf, and expect anyone from this board to attend. However, I'm not seeing too much interaction on your end just some spam.

Will
    When I read his post my first thought was "how much is he going to charge for this mega herf".

Everything about this guy seems like a scam.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Default The reply

I know i am new to the cigar world, and maybe i may not be using the word properly herf. I know an outside lounge in brooklyn ny that i would rent for a few hours. It would be an enviornment for us to talk about cigars and network. I wouldnt charge any fee. I enjoy smoking cigars now and i want to be around others and meet others who do to. And yes my aol name is lucianpoppy No scams here. But i guess i should refrain from saying herf since it must mean something else.
    I have one life to live.

And yes my aol name is lucianpoppy No scams here.
    Seems it is your CPass name as well. Think you might want to answer George's question. Why are you floating around multiple boards in the cigar community changing your name?

Default Didnt know it mattered

Um i dont know why it matteres what name i use for whatever i join, but ill entertain this since it seems to be of interest. Lucianpoppy is a name ive used since i was in high school, seeing how i am st lucian hence lucianpoppy. It is only as of recently i used the alias young forbes, since i want to change it, i figured i would play on the famous forbes magazine and call myself young forbes. I am already known on here as young forbes so i wont change it to lucianpoppy. And i use both forums to gather as much information that i can , i wasnt aware of any rivalries, or maybe i should be informed? Hope this helps the lot the need some clarification.
    I have one life to live.

Um i dont know why it matteres what name i use for whatever i join, but ill entertain this since it seems to be of interest. Lucianpoppy is a name ive used since i was in high school, seeing how i am st lucian hence lucianpoppy. It is only as of recently i used the alias young forbes, since i want to change it, i figured i would play on the famous forbes magazine and call myself young forbes. I am already known on here as young forbes so i wont change it to lucianpoppy. And i use both forums to gather as much information that i can , i wasnt aware of any rivalries, or maybe i should be informed? Hope this helps the lot the need some clarification.
    The ability to effectively communicate is the key to success!

...in the meantime - i"m ordering Rosetta Stone.

Blog Entries

Contradiction.

Also, I guess you didn't read Basil's post.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Has nothing to do with rivalry. It has everything to do with a commonly used word around here. Community. We tend to look out for each other, and quite frankly, everything you have done so far appears to be spammer/scammerish. 99.99% of people who change handles between forums of the same community are scumbags. Perhaps you are the .01% that isn't, but you can bet we will be holding your feet to the fire until you prove it. The vast majority of the membership here are members of every other non-phucktard cigar forum out there and we all use the same handle. We also watch and share information.

Here is a golden bit of advice we often offer up to newbies. Read more, post less, until you figure out how things work in the online cigar world, and we figure out if you get it or not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    Has nothing to do with rivalry. It has everything to do with a commonly used word around here. Community. We tend to look out for each other, and quite frankly, everything you have done so far appears to be spammer/scammerish. 99.99% of people who change handles between forums of the same community are scumbags. Perhaps you are the .01% that isn't, but you can bet we will be holding your feet to the fire until you prove it. The vast majority of the membership here are members of every other non-phucktard cigar forum out there and we all use the same handle. We also watch and share information.

Here is a golden bit of advice we often offer up to newbies. Read more, post less, until you figure out how things work in the online cigar world, and we figure out if you get it or not.
    D*mmit, I've been found out! .

While I'm here, some good reading: http://cigarbbguide.com/
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Youngfurbee,

I try really had to encourage my kids when they seem to be heading down the right path with a bad plan. Sometimes that's pretty doggone challenging. Nothing like having their bright eyes, all full of youthful enhusiasm heading into a 90 mph head wind, uphill during a blinding snow storm. They think it's a good idea when they set off - but from my vantage point I can see they're setting themselves up for failure before they ever take the first step. I suppose it's possible to make that journey, but I also am a realist - it's not likely they will complete it. Many people have died during the ascent of Mount Everest - all of them were very well intentioned but largely unprepared for the journey.

You, my young friend, seem very enthusiastic. Maybe you have what it takes - maybe not. It's nice to dream of growing up to be Malccolm Forbes - So why do I strangely feel like I'm being haunted by this guy nearly every time you post?

You have much to learn, young grasshopper.
    Last edited by ggiese; 08-18-2009 at 09:04 AM.

Default Ok ok

Look guys sorry if i offended anyone , i will take heed to the advice given and slow my roll. I guess i got in a lil over my head. Heading to the cigar inn sometime this week in nyc, i will post pics of the event.
    I have one life to live.

Thread Information