Thread: Petrus Reposado No. 7000 Torpedo

Default Petrus Reposado No. 7000 Torpedo

I wanted to post pictures with this review but my brother forgot to tell me that my battery was dead in my camera when he returned it to me.

(From XXXXX)
    # Size: 7 x 54
    # Shape: Torpedo
    # Wrapper: Nicaragua
    # Filler: Nicaragua
    # Binder: Nicaragua
    # MSRP: $20.00 (I paid less than $2 per stick)

Drink: Dogfish Head Midas Touch and some water
    Music: Crickets and cars driving by

Pre-light- easy draw. Almost too easy. Nice wrapper only 1 big vein.

1/3- Easy light. So far even burn. Ash didn't stay on long. Less than half inch when I bumped it. Good taste. Can't place it just yet. The thing that stands out the most is the smell of the smoke. Smells like maple syrup. Did CAJUNBLAZE spill syrup on my cigars? A month in the humidor treated these well. First one I had tasted like mushrooms and wouldn't stay lit (could have been the rainy day and humidity when I smoked it).

Taste is almost like coffee with too much creamer.

2/3- Much of the same. Small hints of spice. Ash is staying in for a little over an inch. Too dark outside to see what coloration it has. Good volume of smoke.

3/3- Had to do a little touch up on the burn. Still creamy slightly coffee flavor. Almost down to the nub and still enjoying it. Wow, right at the end I got a red licorice flavor. I don't want to put this one down now.

Overall impressions- Very pleasant smoke. Especially since I got them for less than $2 a stick. I'm anxious to see what some more time in the humi will do to them. Off the top of my head I can't think of a comparable cigar.

Smoke time- about 1 hour and 45 minutes

EDIT: Link removed because I was kindly asked to not link to a certain site.
    Last edited by TravPSU; 08-19-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Added drink and music info that I forgot
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

Nice review my friend!
    Last edited by bigwhiteash; 08-19-2009 at 08:32 PM.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Meh, it was the first site that came up with the correct information on the cigar. Just wanted to give the source for my information.

Blog Entries

Never had any of the Reposados myself... sound good for the price.
    Last edited by bigwhiteash; 08-19-2009 at 08:33 PM.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Lol.

I can only hope they get better with age. Maybe in another month I can come back and give an update on whether they have improved anymore or not.
    Last edited by TravPSU; 08-19-2009 at 08:35 PM.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Nice review! Never heard a cigar have a red licorice taste. But who knows what kind of nuances of flavor anyone can detect. Taste is a funny thing, and you can certainly expect to find all kinds of strange flavor even in non-flavored cigars. It would be interesting to hear your experience on other experiences with that smoke. Thanks. Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Great review Trav, thanks!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Nice review! Never heard a cigar have a red licorice taste. But who knows what kind of nuances of flavor anyone can detect. Taste is a funny thing, and you can certainly expect to find all kinds of strange flavor even in non-flavored cigars. It would be interesting to hear your experience on other experiences with that smoke. Thanks. Roger.
    The licorice flavor took me totally by surprise. I was drinking water at the time so my taste wasn't influenced by anything external.

Thread Information