Thread: found unopened gold lable brand cigars

1. Default found unopened gold lable brand cigars

Hello, i recently while cleaning out house of passed away relative found an unopened glass humidor/package of cigars. they are labeled GOLD LABEL golden centennial. i have someone who is offering $100 dollars for them. I listed them on ebay and recieved 15 bids in the 10 mins they were listed. ebay cancelled the ad because of the tabacco. i want to know if anyone has ever heard of these. and i forgot to mention it says golden centennial 1867-1967. thank you

any questions or answers can be sent to daddy@ghettobillgates.com or you can call direct at 414-899-4410

Blog Entries

Never heard of them.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Send those bad boys to me and let me take a look at them. I'll tell ya what they are!

4. Default

Back off assmaster I got first dibs on the 50 yr old don dogshits deluxe
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    Back off assmaster I got first dibs on the 50 yr old don dogshits deluxe

wow....deja vu!

Quote Originally Posted by Purobrat
    Send those bad boys to me and let me take a look at them. I'll tell ya what they are!
    Is that considered a "Mooch"?
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

If they are truly 50 yrs. old, they probably have only collectors value. From what I understand, 15 years is about the max for good smokability, and that's stored in ideal conditions. After that, they degrade because the volatile compounds in the tobacco are almost completely evaporated. Glass tubos sealed airtight may last longer.

I have seen CA rate a Dunhill from the 1960s.

Actually in the current issue they rate a Monte #1 from 1968.
    Last edited by grand cru no 2; 06-28-2005 at 03:32 PM.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

yeah... if they aren't good for smoking after that long then why the big deal about pre-embargo cubans???
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

It's just what I've read. It could be debatable. Another article I read claims pre-embargo cubans are mostly a fairy tale, with the exception of an occasional box found tucked away in a deceased persons belongings or an older collectors humidor. Such finds are rare at best and certainly wouldn't be available to the general public.

Claims of pre-embargo cuban cigar finds are rampant among scammers. You'll find counterfeit/recycled bands and packaging all over the internet if you look hard enough. There's a reason that stuff sells. I'd treat this particular "find" with more than a few grains of salt. Ask lots of questions and verify details.

Are you kidding me. AGed cigars are a very sought after market.. Especially if you have the funds.. There is a vendor in the Uk that specializes in aged and rare limited cigars..

He carries H. Upmanns from the 70's
    Didemas from the 60's
    RYJ from the 60's and 70's
    Punches from the 60's

Thread Information