Thread: Cigar Capacity?

Default Cigar Capacity?

I'm looking to convert (2) bar cabinets with glass doors into humidors. The dimensions are approximately 1' wide by 1' deep by 3' tall. Is there a general rule of thumb for how many cigars can be stored in a given space? Or is my best bet to figure the volume of a 100-cigar humidor and use that ratio as a guideline?

I'm planning on lining the cabinet with 3/8" thick Spanish cedar and using Le Veil digital humidification, if that matters.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Welcome from Bitterville, PA. How about an intro?

I think you can fit more than 100 in those dimensions. Sounds like a cool plan!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

You could probably compare your finished product with a humidor of similar dimensions - you can find lots of them online. Or, your 100 count x given volume would probably serve as a guideline. Yeah, it sounds good.

And, what badwhale said - how about an intro?
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hondo1312 View Post
    I'm looking to convert (2) bar cabinets with glass doors into humidors. The dimensions are approximately 1' wide by 1' deep by 3' tall. Is there a general rule of thumb for how many cigars can be stored in a given space? Or is my best bet to figure the volume of a 100-cigar humidor and use that ratio as a guideline?

I'm planning on lining the cabinet with 3/8" thick Spanish cedar and using Le Veil digital humidification, if that matters.

The best way to light a cigar is with a wooden match. Light the match and wait about 3 – 5 seconds for the sulfur to burn off. Hold the cigar at a 45-degree angle about a ˝ inch away from the foot of the cigar while twirling the cigar slowly. Then gently puff on the cigar while continuing to twirl it ensuring that it is lit lovingly and evenly.
    S.Mani
    Cigar Matches

Thanks for the prodding about the intro! I just posted it over in General Discussion area!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grahame Darwin View Post
    The best way to light a cigar is with a wooden match. Light the match and wait about 3 – 5 seconds for the sulfur to burn off. Hold the cigar at a 45-degree angle about a ˝ inch away from the foot of the cigar while twirling the cigar slowly. Then gently puff on the cigar while continuing to twirl it ensuring that it is lit lovingly and evenly.
    What does lighting a cigr have to do with humidor capacity? If you're gonna shill your matches, please do it in the exchange or advertisement sections........or go away.
    Last edited by ashauler; 01-18-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hondo1312 View Post

I think I remember reading somewhere that humidor counts are calculated based on the number of a certain size cigar that can fit - I want to say it was a corona size (which is roughly 6 inches, and 44 ring gauge. Depending on what you fill it with would depend on (obviously) how many cigars you can get in there. A little math might be in order, but by that calculation, assuming above measurements are the inside of the humidor, you should be able to get roughly 120 corona sized cigars in those dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahame Darwin View Post
    S.Mani
    This is a spam-bot.

Don't repost and support the link!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information