I was quite in for a surprise today when I smoked this. First thanks to all who replied to this mysterious cigar.

"One man's dog-rocket is another man's Opus" quote fits this cigar, well for me it does. Either that or I like dog-rockets I guess- Deductive reasoning ;)

All I knew before smoking this was:

Vitola: 6 x 50
Wrapper: Maduro
Binder/Filler: Nicaraguan?? (Thanks ashauler)
Price: $2.50
Smoke time: 90 mins (I was rather slow, I think, but it lasted)
Age: No idea, seemed old enough. The cellophane was splashed yellow.

Pre-Light: Earthy :)

1/3: Tighter draw than I would like, but no problem. Nice aroma - subjective. Smooth! Little pepper. And for a maduro - mild, very mild strength.

Taste: Earthy, nutty, and a nice soft coffee undertone in the finish, but a very weak thing about this cigar was that the taste was very, very momentary (hence why I thought it mild). Like seriously, the finish/taste does not last long at all! About a second or two from the smoke leaving my mouth. (Darn it..)

2/3: Same, consistent flavor with a little added light pepper. But surprise, finish lasted about 2 seconds longer.

3/3: Same, consistent with 2/3. :)

Burn: Not far from perfect, had to fix it no more than 2 times.

I really liked it! The length of time it lasted, burn was great, construction was superb, smooth. Although the roll was a little tight, this must have lead to a little tighter draw than I would like, but I would rather take this over a loose draw anyday!

Besides it's non-lingering finish, I can announce that I loved it, and I even nubed it!

Too bad they discontinued it. For it's price, I would easily have though to buy my first fiver, or box, of these. That's a big statement for someone who's never bought a pack of the same cigar in his life.

Thanks for reading.