Thread: Mi Cubano Toro Maduro

Default Mi Cubano Toro Maduro

So I was searching through a nearby B/M shop close to home and hidden far back in the depths of the walk-in humidor sealed in a somewhat hidden and fortress state was the cigar as titled: Mi Cubano Toro Maduro. It looked like a well constructed maduro cigar and I took to its new home in my humidor.

I did some research (and searching) but found not much at all about this cigar with the coolest looking band. I did get to find that the Mi Cubano cigars got discontinued.

Does anyone know any more information with this Mi Cubano company? Or moreover, have smoked it?

Just wondering. I love researching.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure who made them, but I believe they are Nicaraguan.

3. Default

They were created in the boom and went under soon after. They sucked IMHO.

I was quite in for a surprise today when I smoked this. First thanks to all who replied to this mysterious cigar.

"One man's dog-rocket is another man's Opus" quote fits this cigar, well for me it does. Either that or I like dog-rockets I guess- Deductive reasoning ;)

All I knew before smoking this was:

Vitola: 6 x 50
    Wrapper: Maduro
    Binder/Filler: Nicaraguan?? (Thanks ashauler)
    Price: $2.50
    Smoke time: 90 mins (I was rather slow, I think, but it lasted)
    Age: No idea, seemed old enough. The cellophane was splashed yellow.

Pre-Light: Earthy :)

1/3: Tighter draw than I would like, but no problem. Nice aroma - subjective. Smooth! Little pepper. And for a maduro - mild, very mild strength.

Taste: Earthy, nutty, and a nice soft coffee undertone in the finish, but a very weak thing about this cigar was that the taste was very, very momentary (hence why I thought it mild). Like seriously, the finish/taste does not last long at all! About a second or two from the smoke leaving my mouth. (Darn it..)

2/3: Same, consistent flavor with a little added light pepper. But surprise, finish lasted about 2 seconds longer.

3/3: Same, consistent with 2/3. :)

Burn: Not far from perfect, had to fix it no more than 2 times.

I really liked it! The length of time it lasted, burn was great, construction was superb, smooth. Although the roll was a little tight, this must have lead to a little tighter draw than I would like, but I would rather take this over a loose draw anyday!

Besides it's non-lingering finish, I can announce that I loved it, and I even nubed it!

Too bad they discontinued it. For it's price, I would easily have though to buy my first fiver, or box, of these. That's a big statement for someone who's never bought a pack of the same cigar in his life.

Thanks for reading.

Blog Entries

Cool, glad you liked it. It's always nice to find an inexpensive smoke that suits your tastes. Go back and pick up more of them if you can.

Thread Information