Thread: Cubans in the US

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cubans in the US

Now, I know about the embargo with Cuba and the US.

I'm assuming a lot of you guys are from the states (I'm from Australia) but there is still a huge amount of Cubans being discussed on here, in fact I think majority of the cigars mentioned/reviewed on here are Cubans.

Now my question for all the inhabitants of the US here, how do you 'come about' your Cuban cigars? Here in Australia every smokemart has the major Cubans just behind the counter; Cohibas, Montecristos, RnJ's and so on and so fourth...(not to rub it in). Do you guys simply import them from Canada with switched packaging or what? It's something I've been wondering about since I started to become interested in cigars.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

1. Welcome to the Forum
    2. Please post an intro
    3. I'm from Canada, so it's totally legal for me to aquire, own and smoke Cuban cigars
    4. Those in the States are not permitted by law to aquire and possess products from that country.
    5. Your post is in bad form. Please read the forum rules

Have a great day, and again, welcome.

Jim
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

I apologize.

I didn't realize it wasn't spoken about.

It must be frustrating for cigar fans in the US. I guess it's similar to illicit drugs, spoken widely about in popular culture (entertainers/politicians) sometimes even admitting to using them before; as with Cuban cigars.

/thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tails View Post
    I apologize.

It must be frustrating for cigar fans in the US. I guess it's similar to illicit drugs, spoken widely about in popular culture (entertainers/politicians) sometimes even admitting to using them before; as with Cuban cigars.

/thread.
    I have found a lot of cigars that are available here in the U.S. that I enjoy. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Regarding your previous post stating that we mostly talk about Cubans, that is not the case. You should check out the last 20 reviews by Badwhale, great reviews and the majority of them are not cubans.

Intro thread please, and I may be wrong, but I feel like you're picking a fight...
    Smoke em' if you got em'

I'm not sure where you are seeing much discussion about cuban cigars, because I haven't noticed it. I've also tried cubans from all the major manufacturers and there are MANY dominican/honduran/etc cigars that I prefer.

I apologize.

/thread.
    I hear you about this whole illicit drug thing and all. I can see why you wouldn't want to mention sources, but how is the illicit drug trade in Australia? I hear a lot of talk about fantastic drugs in Australia and was wondering what your thoughts were. Is the pot as good as they say?

Maybe you can hook this board up!

I'm in Iraq, and IMO most of the Cubans that I've smoked are more than likely fake. They have a similar taste to what others who can legally own them have descibed in forums other than this one but I'm not 100% on their authenticity.

And believe me, if its so wrong there are several thousand soldiers and civilians that should be on their way to jail, but aren't.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I hear you about this whole illicit drug thing and all. I can see why you wouldn't want to mention sources, but how is the illicit drug trade in Australia? I hear a lot of talk about fantastic drugs in Australia and was wondering what your thoughts were. Is the pot as good as they say?

Maybe you can hook this board up!
    I don't do (illegal) drugs. Only tobacco and alcohol. Apparently my home city (Adelaide) is the drug capital of Australia per capita. Drugs are bad mkay.

The reason I started this thread was not because I wanted to know how people illegally import the cigars, but more to cure my curiosity on what people think of the embargo, and the stigma it gives Cuban cigars in the media.

When you guys talk about an intro post, do you expect me to post a new thread introducing myself or is there an existing thread?

9. Default

I just read an article in Cigar Aficionado that stated that as many as one of every three Habano cigars sold end up in the hands of Americans.
    What does this tell us? Americans have a taste for the forbidden fruit. But also that if the cuban trade embargo is ever lifted that America will most likely become Cuba's biggest customer.

Blog Entries

I don't do (illegal) drugs. Only tobacco and alcohol. Apparently my home city (Adelaide) is the drug capital of Australia per capita. Drugs are bad mkay.

The reason I started this thread was not because I wanted to know how people illegally import the cigars, but more to cure my curiosity on what people think of the embargo, and the stigma it gives Cuban cigars in the media.

When you guys talk about an intro post, do you expect me to post a new thread introducing myself or is there an existing thread?
    That's funny. Why didn't you ask for our opinions on the embargo then? All I see is questions about methods to obtain illegal cigars, which I'm sure none of us U.S. citizens know a thing about.

Quote Originally Posted by tails
    Now, I know about the embargo with Cuba and the US.

I'm assuming a lot of you guys are from the states (I'm from Australia) but there is still a huge amount of Cubans being discussed on here, in fact I think majority of the cigars mentioned/reviewed on here are Cubans.

Now my question for all the inhabitants of the US here, how do you 'come about' your Cuban cigars? Here in Australia every smokemart has the major Cubans just behind the counter; Cohibas, Montecristos, RnJ's and so on and so fourth...(not to rub it in). Do you guys simply import them from Canada with switched packaging or what? It's something I've been wondering about since I started to become interested in cigars
    Yeah, start your own thread to introduce yourself.

Ok - of course you don't do drugs... I gotcha!

So - can you hook the board up with your supplier "down under" - particularly because you're in the drug capital of Australia?

Thread Information