Thread: humidity beads question

1. Default humidity beads question

I have Heartfelt Humidity Beads. They are in the "rod" style humidifier. My humidity stays pretty consistent. They work great, my only issue is that literally every time I take the humidifier out to add water, a few little pieces of the beads fall out (like 1 or 2 pieces). This is not due to me hydrating them too fast. I have a spray bottle that I hold probably like a half a foot away and mist the whole thing then wipe it dry with a clean paper towel. Is it normal for a bead or two to break every time like that? Im guessing it is, but I just wanted to ask.

That'll happen -- and it is a direct result of rehydrating them too quickly. The direct addition of water, even through spraying, creates a heated chemical reaction that can result in decrepitation and cracked beads. The alternative is to allow the beads to absorb the humidity over time from an indirect water source or find a method of spaying that introduces water at a slower rate (spreading the beads out and using a fine mist to rehydrate) -- I spray and deal with a few cracked beads.

It might be a bit harder in a rod style humidifier, but you can use a wet paper towel to transfer moisture to the beads gradually.

4. Default

i might try the wet paper towel thing. i have a feeling i would wrap it in the wet paper towel and then let it lay somewhere and forget about it. maybe ill just spray and deal with it.

Thread Information