Thread: G.A.R. deal

Default G.A.R. deal

I had heard a few things about this new cigar by George A. Rico and did a little research. This (and the G.A.R. Lux) is his first own personal line that has been released seperate from Gran Habano. So far I have read very few negative reveiws in terms of construction or flavor. Here is a link to an online reveiw if you are interested.

http://www.stogiereview.com/2008/10/...y-george-rico/

I would have liked to review this cigar before posting this but a deal came up that i think is too good to pass up and i thought i would let everyone in on it. Normally they would go for 6-8 bucks a stick. If you are interested in trying this cigar then you might want to take a peek at the specials category on cigarbid.

Also if anyone has already had this cigar and would like to comment that would be great. I did a little searching and didn't come up with much on the forum.

Blog Entries

Dreaddog, go the fuck away.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

A friend of mine gave me a couple of these to try a while back. I was not impressed. In fact, if I recall correctly, I don't think I made it half way through either one.

But that's just me...

"badwhale - Dreaddog, go the fuck away"

Seriously......what have i done to you? Yes, I am a new guy on here and im not perfect. Im still learning how things work around here. But I don't appreciate being shit on for no reason. This post is purely about letting you and anyone else who is interested get a good deal on some good cigars. I suppose some people come here because they have a dull life and get their kicks by shitting on the newbs........However, i would like you and everyone else to know that I just want to enjoy my passion for cigars. If there are that many people on here that want me gone then just say so and I will gladly bow out for good. I will keep enjoying cigars whether i am a member here or not, so it really makes no difference to me.
    Last edited by daredog4; 09-13-2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: quote

Blog Entries

Question

Quote Originally Posted by daredog4 View Post

Seriously......what have i done to you? Yes, I am a new guy on here and im not perfect. Im still learning how things work around here. But I don't appreciate being shit on for no reason. This post is purely about letting you and anyone else who is interested get a good deal on some good cigars. I suppose some people come here because they have a dull life and get their kicks by shitting on the newbs........However, i would like you and everyone else to know that I just want to enjoy my passion for cigars. If there are that many people on here that want me gone then just say so and I will gladly bow out for good. I will keep enjoying cigars whether i am a member here or not, so it really makes no difference to me.
    <sigh>

Please stop stepping on your dick .

Once should have been enough. Together with the quoted post, twice seems to indicate a level of arrogance (or, to use today's buzzwords, "a sense of entitlement") that is perhaps not just youthful ignorance.

As a farmer, you should know that you can't control the weather. It almost seems like you haven't learned that lesson.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Wow, it's not just me. Puff.com would be glad to have you, try there.

Blog Entries

Seriously......what have i done to you?
    I was just gonna let this go with my earlier post, but I just couldn't look myself in the eye if I thought there was a chance, however remote, that you really, really didn't know the answer to your question, so I'll try to 'splain to you.

Yes, I am a new guy on here and im not perfect. Im still learning how things work around here. But I don't appreciate being shit on for no reason.
    No one here expects anyone else to be perfect. Everyone makes mistakes, however, the majority learn from them and don't constantly repeat them. You have been here since February, and unfortunately, have been given a couple of object lessons on how this place works. You are not being shit on for NO reason.

This post is purely about letting you and anyone else who is interested get a good deal on some good cigars.
    Cigars that you have never smoked. At least that's the way I read your post, since you said you would have "liked to review these" before posting......uh, no shit. How can you recommend a "good deal on good cigars" you know nothing about?

I suppose some people come here because they have a dull life and get their kicks by shitting on the newbs........However, i would like you and everyone else to know that I just want to enjoy my passion for cigars.
    So here we have yet another insult to some un-named members of the board. Just exactly who are you talking about? Or did you mean the board in general? When you first came here you pissed and moaned about the treatment of newbs and how we should do things differently around here.

If there are that many people on here that want me gone then just say so and I will gladly bow out for good. I will keep enjoying cigars whether i am a member here or not, so it really makes no difference to me.
    Now let's see how the martyr costume fits, eh? "Nobody likes me, boo hoo." If it makes no difference to you, why post at all? Why not just fade away and not come back?

Imho, you haven't learned a thing about this place, because you don't want to. You want it to be what YOU want it to be, not what it already is and has been for several years. I don't see that changing.

I think I have a new website for him to visit:

www.puff.com/poof/disappear

Kris

Daredog,

While your intentions may be good, do you realize that almost every active member of this board gets the same deluge of email deals from the same sites? Its irritating enough to wade through the constant barrage of super deals the devil sites put out to have to come here and see them all over again.

Occasionally yes it is acceptable to post a deal from say cigarmonster, etc. BUT typically this will only happen on say a deal for a type of lighter that was recently discussed on the forum. Not as Jamie noted, on some cigar never seen or noted in the forums.

This isn't a bargain site, nor is it an ebay style clearing house. This is a community founded for and about cigars. If you want to discuss daily deals I suggest you try posting in the daily joe column.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

Funny, I just got an email special of these from Holt's today. 6 Robusto / 6 M5 Torps for 36 bucks plus free shipping.

I found the OP insulting in the wake of the mrtr33 "any takers?" fiasco, a half ass apology, and a "let's pretend nothing happened" resolution. That's what you did to me.

I apologize to the board for my initial crass response, but I still think daredog doesn't understand this community.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Funny, I just got an email special of these from Holt's today. 6 Robusto / 6 M5 Torps for 36 bucks plus free shipping.

I found the OP insulting in the wake of the mrtr33 "any takers?" fiasco, a half ass apology, and a "let's pretend nothing happened" resolution. That's what you did to me.

I apologize to the board for my initial crass response, but I still think daredog doesn't understand this community.

Will
    Why apologize, did you spell something wrong?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Why apologize, did you spell something wrong?
    He didn't say "please."
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Wasn't George Rico the guy who rolled those ass backwards "live" cigars that unraveled as you smoked them?
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Thread Information