I opened my big humidor that my wife moved into the basement a while back last week Golf outing today and I wanted something special.

I have 6 unwrapped "Shadow Prince" Cigars (made by JR to commemorate some of the influential folks in his career), that at first glance looked like they were totally covered w/mold. They are at least five yrs old. There is no musty smell, but the humidor reading was off the map humidity wise due to the relocation of the humidor to my damp basement....so plume seemed out of the question initially. But after they were moved out into a tupperwear humidor type set up to dry down a bit everything is nice and dusty. The cigars are still in good smoking condition, so it is not a function of the them being dried out.....perplexing huh??

Took them in this morning to the office, everything looks nice and white, most of the stuff came off pretty easily while wiping w/my finger. They all have some in the foot as well, which is a concern.

There is no discoloration where the "stuff" was wiped from, but they are a very dark Maduro and my eyesite stinks even w/my cheater glasses on.

Can't post pix as I am challenged technically.

I'd hate to toss them as they were real tasty buggers

Question is: Can I try one of these things w/out risking my privates falling off? Will there be a really crappy taste?

I've not had one of these for a few yrs, but I have to believe I can tell a mold taste when I light it up...gotta run out for an hour, and t time is noon, any input would be really appreciated.

Thanks all in advance