Ok guys... I try not to come here and blab on about my personal life but I have accomplished a great feat today. First a little backstory...

I met my wife when I was 8 years old. She was 6. We didn't see each other for many years but when I was 16 and she was 14 we were reaquainted at a friends end-of-the-school-year party. We dated on and off for awhile and then about 3.5 years ago we moved in together. We were married 9/27/2003 (my parents' anniversary as well) and at the time I thought we had a perfect life. Fast-foward to about a year ago, and I had fallen into a funk, easy to do while I'm waiting for my wife to finish school. And somewhere along the line, she began to feel unhappy, but for no solid reason. I wasn't aware of her discontent until about 4 weeks ago. And the last 4 weeks of my life have been absolute hell. I strive to please my wife. Everything I do is for her happiness. I do my best not to make her feel bad and I love taking care of her. I'm the marrying type. I always wanted a family as opposed to being a fireman or policeman or astronaut... when people asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up I always told them "Have a family of my own". What I did for a living was always second to why I did it. And not being able to please the one person that means the most to me kills me inside. So for a month now we have been tetering on the edge of insanity (and divorce). We spent Monday night apart, mainly becuase any discussion about us ends with me begging and pleading and her not being able to stand being in the same room with me when I get desparate. She came home last night and we talked for a long while, and today while I was home for lunch we talked some more. It seems that after watching her mother go through 2 nasty divorces and me watching my parents have the perfect marrainge, that we have 2 very different opinions on marraige. So we have decided to get a divorce. We will still live together and love together, but we will no longer be husband and wife. And if I have to sacrifice our marraige to save our relationship, then that's what I will do.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I had to tell someone. And I feel better and am happier than I have been in a month, and it's all because my partner is happier than she's been in a year. It hurts to say we are getting divorced, but I feels so good to know we will still be together.