Thread: Got my humi set up

Default Got my humi set up

Tada! Decided that in the quantities i was buying my sticks in i might as well bite the bullet and get one. So here it is...

Unfortunately i did not have enough money to buy a digital hygrometer, so in the mean time i am going to have to go with the analog one. It looks nice though, so i don't mind it to much. Seasoning this thing was a beast. I rubbed it down with distilled water (fresh sponge), then left the sponge in the case for two days (checking it periodically to make sure the sponge was still saturated), and "refilling" it periodically. Ironically i think that it might of absorbed to much water, because even after correcting the analog, it is still reading in the low 80's. So after reading in the archives, i decided that beads were a cheap and lifelong investment. I got the 65% ones from heartfelt, and after reading some of the members post, they said that you can control the humidity with how moist you make the beads. So i thought it was a cheep and perfect investment. They should hopefully arrive on either Monday or Tuesday.

After careful consideration, i decided that i enjoy looking at my cigars, and also enjoy knowing how many i have. So the ideal type of humidor would have to be a glass top.

Its a small little guy, but it does the trick for now. I was talking to some other members who laughed and said that the sickness has only begun, and soon in time i will realize that what i have is simply to small, and will get another one - I am starting to agree with them. And as you can see, i basically have the poor thing bursting with sticks, so prepare yourself in the very near future for another review. Thank you for your time, and i hope you enjoy the pictures.

-Ghost8475
    aka Nick
    Last edited by Ghost8475; 08-07-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Blog Entries

Nice job, and nice humi!! Indeed you will be looking to expand in short order. Look around about making a coolerdor. One of my humi's is glass topped, and I agree, it's kinda cool to be able to look at some of the sticks without opening the lid.

You will be happy with the beads and the little maintenance that they require.

+1 for the coolerdor. I keep the bulk of my cigars in the coolerdor and pull out individual ones to put in my humi. Those are the ones I plan on smoking over the next few days.

Very nice humidor. The window is a great idea. If you are anything like me, you probably like to stare at your collection every once in a while. The window will allow you to take a peak without opening the lid and ruining the RH.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Nice humidor. Yes go for the coolidor! Best bang for the buck. I have a 48 qt cooler and very pleased with it! Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

5. Default

Your humidor looks very similar in form and function to mine. I really like having a glass top so I can stare. My humidor also has a drawer for storing all lighters, cutters etc. in one place.
    I have found that for me, the 50-75 cigar humidor is the perfect size for my smoking and buying habits and you might find the same is true for you, not everyone has to have thousands of cigars in their possession. However, I only smoke at most 2 sticks per week and don't have much disposable income.

DrDeuss Guest

Very nice man, did you pick it up somewhere local or find it online?

Thread Information