Thread: Yet another new guy

Default Yet another new guy

Hi, been smoking cigars since it was legal for me to. 20 years old, from suburbs of Chicago. Priciest cigar was about 10$ but the name escapes me at the moment. My favorite cigar to date is the partagas black label. A lot to learn about cigars but I’m trying, my biggest question at the moment is what the difference between the different wrappers are. As far as taste, color, etc. Don’t have a humidor so I usually smoke the cigars the same day or within a couple of days of buying it from the store. Signing up with the marines Monday, and hoping to ship out soon after that (January).

Past cigars: (most recent, can’t remember the rest)
    Cusano 18(thought it was rather weak)
    Partagas black label
    Don Tomas maduro
    Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real(wasn't impressed but it was from my brother's humidor and he doesn't take care of it)
    Onyx
    Acid liquid (disgusting, had to try it even after reading about it on forums, was free)
    Macanudo

Blog Entries

Welcome to CigarSmokers!

Which suburb of Chicago? I made my first visit to the Chicago area this past December to see a show at the Double Door (The Tossers' CD release party). Before that, we had a nice steaks Morton's, the original one on North State Street. We stayed in Glenview.

I'm a big fan of quite a few Chicago-based punk bands like, The Tossers, Kevin Flynn and the Avondale Ramblers, Flatfoot56 and Shot Baker. I wish I could make it out next week for Riot Fest but I can't do it this year.....

Maduro wrapped cigars are my personal favorite. Most maduro wrappers are sweeter than natural and EMS (European Market Selection) and I think they taste the best. Some dark naturals are very similar to maduros like the Carlos Toraño Exodus 1959 which is one of my favorite medium priced domestic cigars.

Cigars will keep in a zip lock bag for quite a while (sometimes more than a month, depending on humidity).

Thanks for serving!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-29-2009 at 11:37 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome from Oregon
    Just another day at the office!

Quote Originally Posted by nizzy View Post
    Hi, been smoking cigars since it was legal for me to. 20 years old, from suburbs of Chicago. Priciest cigar was about 10$ but the name escapes me at the moment. My favorite cigar to date is the partagas black label. A lot to learn about cigars but I’m trying, my biggest question at the moment is what the difference between the different wrappers are. As far as taste, color, etc. Don’t have a humidor so I usually smoke the cigars the same day or within a couple of days of buying it from the store. Signing up with the Marines Monday, and hoping to ship out soon after that (January).

Past cigars: (most recent, can’t remember the rest)
    Cusano 18(thought it was rather weak)
    Partagas black label
    Don Tomas maduro
    Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real(wasn't impressed but it was from my brother's humidor and he doesn't take care of it)
    Onyx
    Acid liquid (disgusting, had to try it even after reading about it on forums, was free)
    Macanudo

Fixed your error. You will learn more about that once you hit the yellow footprints.

Welcome to the forums. Whereabouts in Chicago? I grew up in northwest Indiana and spent a lot of time in Chicago (32nd Street area, yeah I know its a rough part of town) helping my folks run their business while growing up.

Geno's East, Bacino's, Gold Coast Hot Dogs, The Taste, and the pier ..... lots of places I miss.

Kris

5. Default

Welcome from WA!

The Partagas Black Label is my absolute favorite cigar to date, so I guess we have similar tastes. I always keep a few in my humidor, I think I have 5 in there total right now, which is saying a lot for a 60 count humidor. It was the first cigar I smoked to get seriously into the hobby so it may have defined what I like in a cigar but I think it is just a damn fine smoke, the flavor is amazing.

Blog Entries

Welcome from CO.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post

Geno's East Kris
    I second that Kris!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

7. Default

Welcome from GA! And thank you for serving our country!

Matthew

Welcome from NW PA

it sounds like you have tried quite a few decent cigars, let your taste buds roam, you can have alot of fun.

Keith

Blog Entries

Welcome from texas! Thank you for serving our country. I wish you the best and enjoy the forum and some good sticks!

Thank you for all the welcomes, and the information, been reading a lot, always seems to bug out on me when I try to post though. Ordered some Consuegras a couple days ago should arrive early next week. Decided I mine as well get a humidor, even if it is a small one. Just can’t figure out what’s a decent but cheap humidor to get.

Thread Information