Thread: When/What Was Your Virgin Smoke?

1. Default When/What Was Your Virgin Smoke?

My dad is a cigar smoker and he often allowed me to smoke Swishers with him when my mom wasn't home. My buddies would come over to stay the night and we'd all smoke with my dad on the back porch--I think we were around 14 years old. I've spent the last 15 years smoking cigars and just started using a humidor and smoking quality stuff 3 years ago. My dad and I still smoke together a few times a month.

What's your story?

Matthew
    www.cigarreviews.wordpress.com
    Twitter: @reviewingcigars

Blog Entries

Well,

Unfortunatedly, my entry into the smoking world was with cigarrettes (nasty habit). I am glad to be slowly kicking it off with the help of my wife who does not like it at all.

My first cigar was probably when I was a senior in High School (nothing fancy) but my dad has been a cigar smoker for about 10 years. I had one every now and then at weddings and such but did not seriously take it up as a hobby and a passion until about 3 months ago when I found out that a couple of buddies of mine liked cigars but never knew of others who did (not even between themselves). So the 3 of us have started smoking and learning together.

That pretty much sums it up!

3. Default

Ha! Swishers and the occasional B&M for me too. When I was 15 or 16 a few buddies and I started smoking whenever we got together(camping, parties, cookouts). Ah, those were the days...

It was a CAO MX2.

I don't count the others because I figured out really quick the difference between a Swisher and a real cigar.

First real cigars we either a Te-Amo or an Onyx Reserve. Not a fan of either of them anymore but they did introduce me to the world of REAL cigars.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Someone that I don't even remember now gave me my first cigarette. Can't say that I enjoyed it back then. I must have been about 12 or 13. My first cigar was a swisher sweet. But i was so uninthused with that that I tried a pipe. After that I found myself exploring cigars. My first one was a Hoya De Monterey.
    Just another day at the office!

my first real cigar was an El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga. My old boss gave one to me when I was just 22 and had no clue about cigars.

First REAL cigar was a Rocky Patel Vintage 90 or 92, at a cookout at work. My boss was given a box of them as a going away gift and he gave some out.

My first real cigar was an Ashton.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TravPSU View Post
    My first real cigar was an Ashton.
    Always a very good smoke. Its one of my favorites,

Blog Entries

My first legit smoke was an Ashton VSG Robusto
    Smoke em' if you got em'

12. Default

Not sure I can remember exactly. I think the first cigar I tasted was a machine made cuban, the first cigar I smoked completely was a Backwoods and the first premium I smoked was a Punch. Its all kinda hazy though, I guess I didn't realize the importance of those moments. I do remember vividly the cigar that got me into cigar smoking as a hobby, the Partagas Black Label.

2002 in January I think, Montesino Robusto to celebrate the birth of my cousin. Sat in a bar in spirit lake with my uncle and he taught me a little about cigars. It's interesting that now I probably know more than he does.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

My first was 3 years ago on my 18th; an RyJ vintage robusto.

I know a guy that works for Swisher here in Jacksonville, and he gets me samples from time to time, so my first ever smoke of any kind wasn't definitely something from there. Probably a flavor with a plastic or wood tip, not the same, I know.

My company had a golf tournament and one of the local Cigar stores had a booth set up selling cigars on the course. I bought a Punch cigar and smoked it while golfing, that would be the first Cigar I paid for, and my first real cigar.

The swisher guy has also gotten me some other decent stuff from one of their sister companies in Honduras, Siglo 21, I believe they were. Decent enough, and the price is right.

Thread Information