Thread: El Titan Redemption ~ Lancero

Blog Entries

Default El Titan Redemption ~ Lancero

Other's reviews (None found, searching the Reviews Forum)

Smoke: El Titan Redemption ~ Lancero
    Drink(s): Yuengling Lord Chesterfield Ale
    Tunes: None

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sun Grown Habano
    Binder: Nicaraguan
    Filler: Nicaraguan
    Draw: Medium
    Burn: Somewhat problematic
    Misc: 60 minutes

Pre-light: Medium brown shade, varies a bit in shades. Kinda lumpy / bumpy, but still decent construction with a triple cap & pigtail head / cap. Strong sweet tobacco scent. Spicy prelight flavor

Light: Easy. Medium, nice light.

1st 3rd: Medium body, full flavor. Spicy, sweet leather taste. Full flavor on the draw, but only a shadow on the aftertaste. There is a chocolate taste in there. I can’t put my finger on it yet…

Ash: Layered, crumbly with little white bubbles on a medium gray ash. Holds on for about 1 ˝”

2nd 3rd: Same sweet leather taste. Definitely a chocolate tone in there. Some of the spice has subsided, but an oily taste has taken a bit of its place. Had to re-light it in here.

3rd 3rd: Same as above. Heat & flavors building in intensity. My only complaint about these would be occasional tunneling & relights. Maybe its just me.

Overall impression: Well, I did the box split this year on these and ended up buying a box, if that says anything.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Thanks for the review!

I decided to smoke one tonight - my wrapper wasn't as dark as the 'whale's. No burn issues, but, as is typical of Lancero's, you have to sip them or the smoke gets hot. Nice tastes and med-full body, but I think I'd prefer the blend in a bigger ring.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Great review Will. Looks yummy!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

Blog Entries

I agree with craig - it was nice, but I think it would have been worlds better in a robusto or even a toro size. Nice smoke, though.

We'll see how these do with some age.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Awesome review Will. Makes me want to do another one myself. Looks like a good stick to me. Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Did someone say chocolate?

This sounds like a good one. I always forget to adjust my draw on the narrow rings. That's a cool looking band, too. With your super high-res spy camera, I bet you could add a full shot of the band in the review.

7. Default

Very Nice! I normally have problems with my ash on Lancero's but it looks like your held very well...

Thread Information