I got my grubby little hands on a DVD rip of GI Joe: Rise of Cobra. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide from where and the legality of such a copy. That said I will most likely be purchasing a copy when it hits shelves, my sources say November 5th is the likely release date.

With that out of the way...

Imdb Link

Wikipedia Link

All in all a good action movie. A few minor goofs, Duke having a goatee while in dress uniform, the use of civilian H2's in battle scenes. Nothing that really detracts from the movie.

A couple of minor history changes from the original series, I won't talk about those since one of the departures is a "shocker" near the end of the film.

The plot according to IMDB:
An elite military unit comprised of special operatives known as G.I. Joe, operating out of The Pit, takes on an evil organization led by a notorious arms dealer.
In my opinion it's a good reboot of the old GI Joe franchise and I look forward to the next installment, supposedly in development already.

They had a few of the classic Joe characters, Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Heavy Duty and Breaker all make an appearance. As for Cobra, Destro, Cobra Commander, the Baroness, Storm Shadow and Zartan make appearances and even a small part with Dr. Mindbender.

The visual effects were top rate, they didn't detract from the movie and I never questioned what was CG and what was physical props. I'm sure on a second viewing a few things would catch my eye, but not enough to detract.

The history/flashbacks were for the most part well done giving a nice backstory for most of the characters.

Overall, I'd have to rate GI Joe: Rise of Cobra at a 4.5/5 worth watching and if you're a fan of GI Joe and/or action movies worth owning when it hits the shelves next month.