Blog Entries

Well, the first 3 went in 22 minutes.

Blog Entries

:yawn:

:taps on monitor:
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

And 1,099 and counting for the fourth pic...

Blog Entries

Maybe Andrew's rugby game is in OT...
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

I'm guessing that no-one got a list from him.....ya know, so the picks could be made if you're off-line. Probably a good idea if you haven't already done it.

Blog Entries

O.K., so here's the deal. fI don't think rugbysh9 is just intentionally blowing off the draft to piss us off. Unfortunately, as we all know, life sometimes gets in the way. He has not logged on to the board since the draft began.

The rules do not specify a " time limit" on making your selections, however, it has been almost 24 hours since it was his turn to select and it is not fair to others in the draft to continue to hang on to make their selections for days.

Here's the fairest thing I can think to do. If rugbysh9 does not make his selection by 8 a.m. tomorrow morning, he will be skipped this round and his 1st pick will become the last pick of the draft. He will be able to make his second, third, fourth, and fifth picks in the regular rotation.

For the remainder of the draft, I would like to hear the participants what they would consider a "reasonable time frame" in which to make the selections. What say you?

Blog Entries

I would say 3hours tops (excluding the dead of night, like 11PM to 7AM). If everyone shared their pick list, I can't see where out of 9 of us, someone isn't on to do the deed.

Will

edit: FWIW, I don't think Andrew is blowing us off intentionally either.
    Last edited by badwhale; 10-22-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Another thought

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I 2nd 3 hours.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

I agree, with the 3 hours

3 hours seems reasonable -- not sure if there is a better way than having his 1st pick be moved to the last overall pick -- in that case he's likely to end up with that dreck PSD 4 Jaime submitted

What do we do if rugburns misses multiple picks? I don't want anyone to get screwed because life got in the way of our fun. Sure, he could have given his picks to someone -- but how many of us actually did that? I signed up for email alerts for posts in this thread, and I planned on monitoring it during normal waking hours -- I would have only made a list if I knew I was going to be unavailable. If the shit hit the fan, I likely wouldn't have been in a position to make a list.

All that being said, there ain't much on this list I wouldn't mind smoking (thankfully, Will is hoarding those Irish Hops for himself), so he isn't getting bent over that badly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    3 hours seems reasonable -- not sure if there is a better way than having his 1st pick be moved to the last overall pick -- in that case he's likely to end up with that dreck PSD 4 Jaime submitted

What do we do if rugburns misses multiple picks? I don't want anyone to get screwed because life got in the way of our fun. Sure, he could have given his picks to someone -- but how many of us actually did that? I signed up for email alerts for posts in this thread, and I planned on monitoring it during normal waking hours -- I would have only made a list if I knew I was going to be unavailable. If the shit hit the fan, I likely wouldn't have been in a position to make a list.

All that being said, there ain't much on this list I wouldn't mind smoking (thankfully, Will is hoarding those Irish Hops for himself), so he isn't getting bent over that badly...
    Did you think I'd actually give up my last one for this draft????

No, no no... I have much bigger plans for that bad boy.....

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Good idea about the thread subscription, just added it myself.

I can't see any problem with a 3 hour limit, though EGQ does make a good point about what if Rugbysh9 doesn't log back in within the run of the draft.
    Yay! Cigars!

Good idea about the thread subscription, just added it myself.

I can't see any problem with a 3 hour limit, though EGQ does make a good point about what if Rugbysh9 doesn't log back in within the run of the draft.
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

And I licked that one special for you Ed.

We'll go with the 3 hour limit, except between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am CST. But, dammit, I don't want to get into managing a "late list" and organizing a 2nd round of drafts.

What do we do if rugburns misses multiple picks? I don't want anyone to get screwed because life got in the way of our fun. Sure, he could have given his picks to someone -- but how many of us actually did that?
    Well, we would follow the same procedures if additional picks are missed. I don't think it could be considered "getting screwed" if you miss all your picks and get a 5er of $4 smokes that weren't picked. I don't think any of the smokes in the draft coud be considered dog-rockets. I understand the life thing, and agree, however, it remains the fact the we all knew the process and what would be expected. As always, communication is key in dealings on the board.

I would venture to guess that the majority of players exchanged lists with at least one other participant. I know I did, and I have a list or two here as well.

I signed up for email alerts for posts in this thread, and I planned on monitoring it during normal waking hours -- I would have only made a list if I knew I was going to be unavailable. If the shit hit the fan, I likely wouldn't have been in a position to make a list.
    I did the subscribe thingy too, thanks for bringing that up.

Thanks for the image of a bent over badwhale.

Okay, all that for this.......the next participant is up at 8:00 am CST.l

Blog Entries

I got Mizicke's list here:

8. Boli Royal Corona EGQ

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

My pick:

13. JDN Antano lancero ashauler

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Thanks badwhale, just beat me to posting. Just got up (day off).
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    My pick:

13. JDN Antano lancero ashauler

Will
    $*%&#**@#*%& Will!

My pick: 32. Opus X xXx Power Ranger
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

I have Hefty's list too...

Take: 46 Acid Blondie

No need for thanks...

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I have Hefty's list too...

Take: 46 Acid Blondie

No need for thanks...
    Who snuck that in there with out letting me know? Would have been first on the list.
    Yay! Cigars!

Thread Information