Thread: True Story

Default True Story

I have a friend (Maggie) in NYC that was asked by her elderly grand-mother to check-in on the grandma's just as elderly basset hound while the grandma was down in Florida for some R&R. After a few days of schlepping to the upper East side and walking and feeding the dog, Maggie shows up one morning to find that the dog has passed.

Unsure what to do, Maggie calls her mother in Staten Island to see if she should call grandma, arrange for cremation, call the supper -- she just didn’t know. The mother says not to bother grandma -- just to bring it to Staten Island and they will bury it in the backyard -- that way grandma can visit when she gets back.

Now basset hounds aren’t the smallest of dogs, so all Maggie could find to hold it was a rolling suitcase -- she unceremoniously stuffs the dog inside the suitcase, cleans up grandma’s co-op and proceeds to head for Staten Island. Figuring the cheapest and easiest way to get to mom’s would be the subway to the ferry, she heads for the subway with suitcase in hand. She catches a train and everything is going fine…

When she exists the train she finds herself faced with dragging the suitcase up a flight of stairs -- as she struggles, a gentleman offers to assist -- and she thankfully agrees.

He asks “This bad sure is heavy -- what is in it?”

Not wanting to say “grandma’s recently deceased pup,” she lies and tells him “just some laptops from work that I’m bringing home to work on…”

When they get to the top of the stairs, Maggie starts to thank him for his assistance, but before she could get the “th..” out of her mouth, the gentleman turns and punches her in the face, knocking her down and making off with the “laptops.”

Thankfully, Maggie is fine -- some bruising, some concern over what grandma will say -- but otherwise enjoying the hell out of wondering what the scumbag thought when he opened the suitcase and hoping he went straight to a pawn shop with his ill-gotten goods.

What a scumbag, people will do just about anything if they think they can get away with it.

Blog Entries

Glad to hear your friend is okay and I bet this guy has a whole crap ton of bad kharma coming his way.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

When an animal dies, there will be a relaxation of the body's orifices ... crap ton indeed!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

You reap what you sow!!
    I am glad she is ok, and hope he passes out and hits his head when he opens the suitcase!!

I hope she is doing well! Just remind her this is going to be one of those stories she laughs about later in life. The sick ironic humor of it.

But I still hope that guy chokes.

What a jerk...

I'm guessing the suitcase wasn't from a matched set of luggage, or at least its loss due to the poor pup evacuating its systems post-mortem wasn't too much of a concern.

Too bad this didn't happen closer to Christmas, what a surprise indeed.

-K

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Good thing your friend is ok. Just proves that some people will believe just about anything you say. If I could only be a fly on the wall when he opened the suitcase! LOL!
    Just another day at the office!

Thread Information