Thread: The Ultimate Cigar Cutter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    TheyCallMeManiX Guest

haha sarge . .

ive tried one of those cats eye thingamajagger cutters, i didnt like the cut or the way the cut ON THE CIGAR ;) felt in your mouth either. but it didnt fall apart like i thought it would was probably a well made cigar too though CA just rated it poorly this quarter

Supposedly the cat-eye cut makes more of the residue appear on the sides leaving the middle of the cigar cleaner with a better draw. I don't know if thats true, I use a cheapo plastic double blade cutter

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeManiX
    haha sarge . .

ive tried one of those cats eye thingamajagger cutters, i didnt like the cut or the way the cut ON THE CIGAR ;) felt in your mouth either. but it didnt fall apart like i thought it would was probably a well made cigar too though CA just rated it poorly this quarter
    The "V" cutter is supposed to do a real nice job on Torpedo's. I've heard people raving about it. I had a Montecristo #2 cut with the V cutter and didn't care for the draw. I guess, to each his own...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    The "V" cutter is supposed to do a real nice job on Torpedo's. I've heard people raving about it. I had a Montecristo #2 cut with the V cutter and didn't care for the draw. I guess, to each his own...

I used a guillotine cutter on all cigars, but was having draw problems with torpedos. I bought a V cutter and it works much better on Torpedos than my traditional cutter.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    I used a guillotine cutter on all cigars, but was having draw problems with torpedos. I bought a V cutter and it works much better on Torpedos than my traditional cutter.
    See - and I don't know why that is... AlexGTP is HUGE V-cut torpedo smoker...

I use a Xikar double guillotine cutter on just about all of my cigars (I have a punch on my keychain I use one some cigars, or when I can't find my other cutters). I've never had trouble with any cigar I've smoked as far as using the double guillotine cutters. I did end up having to recut the Monte I had that was initially cut with the V cutter because it plugged. Maybe I did something wrong...

I just got my first Xikar cutter today, so I will try that on my torpedos and see how well it works, thanks.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information