Thread: We're in Germany

Blog Entries

Default We're in Germany

First: Thanks for all the birthday wishes from everyone. Sorry, I couldn't get online to say thanks that day. We were on the road at the time.

Second: After 3 months of running around, packing a house, moving a car, and just crazzzzzy madness, we have left the Lone Star State. The Air Force was nice enough to move me to GERMANY!!

I already found a Cigar Shop with ISOM's in stock...oh it's soooooo nice to buy them. I smoke a Monte #2 last night. Very very nice.

Also, the beer here is great!

We will be moving into our house next week however, our house stuff will not be here for another month and a half. So, we get a empty house for a while. Worse, we have to wait 2-3 weeks for the internet. /sigh.

Don't worry. I'll post pictures soon.

Lopaka

Awesome!! I'm from Austria! hehe. Cool countries, those two. Where in Germany are you?
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

I live near the Kaiserslautern area in Germany. It's south-west about a little over an hour from the border of France.

Blog Entries

Nice to hear from you I will forward to the pictures!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

What is the name of the town you are in, I spent 2 years over there in the town called "the box". I agree, the Beir is wonderful, but you really need to get away from the post and find a real German bar and try some of the local beir.

Blog Entries

The village I'm moving to is Rutsweiler an Glan. The local pub is just about a mile down the road. I will definitely be heading there a lot to get a few drinks. I've been buying some brew from some of the local stores of the base.

That sounds exciting and fun.

Sounds like you have a good starting point, also, don't be shy about the food, they have some great cuisine there, but it is very fattening.

Keith

Blog Entries

Yes it is very fatening. Also, they serve very large portions. Although it is very good. We'll move into our house in two days. Can't wait, I'm tired of staying in hotels.

Well, all I can say is enjoy the stay.

Blog Entries

I'm so envious. I really enjoyed Germany and would love to go back. If you get a chance, go to Edelweiss Lodge for R&R. I never made it there & I regret it.

Blog Entries

Look at this internet.....at the library! We still don't have internet at the house. We are hopeing to get it sometime this week. Well, when I get some netage...you'll all know.

Lopaka

Blog Entries

I'm posting more. Smoking a few more. Plus, drinking more. Sooooo....

I feel a contest brewing....stand bye!!

14. Default

Good to see you...Bet Christmas time in Germany is cool.

Blog Entries

Christmas is supposed to be awesome here. I was TDY in the states for most of December. I got back home on the 23rd so I missed all the Christmas villages. My wife went to one and said it was fun. Hopefully, I'll see it next year.

If you get a weekend, go check out Luxembourg, it's a beautiful country/city and it can easily be done in a weekend.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

That's one of the placed we plan on going. Next year will offically start our European Vacation. We've just finally got adjusted to being here.

Thread Information