Thread: Robbed

Default Robbed

I don't post on here as much as I used to but I need to vent somewhere. Today I came back to my townhouse to find that it had been broken into and I had been robbed. They, whoever the fuckers were, took mine and my roommates iPods. They broke 2 doors in the process and just walked out the front door. Neither of us were there that evening so we have no idea when it occurred. The other bad news is that the fucking assholes stole a lot of my cigars from my humidor and damaged a few they didn't take with them.
    This fucking blows.

Anyone know if Apple's Warranty covers stolen iPods or if there is anyway they can track the iPod? I just got the iPod in June.
    I filed a police report and they took down the serial number and model number so hopefully I hear some good news soon.
    Sorry for the long rant, had to get my frustrations out somewhere.

Blog Entries

That fucking does blow. I hope they find the dickless pieces of shit who did it.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Keep an eye on Ebay and Craigslist - sometimes thieves are looking for quick-sells so they can buy drugs. I had a guy steal my hockey equipment and I immediately contacted all the used sports equipment shops in town. They caught the guy when he showed up at one of the shops trying to sell my skates and I got all my equipment back.

It really sucks when that happens man, sorry to hear about it.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

oh I am sorry to hear that it does blow and it is such a invasion of privacy. For some people it' much more then about the property it becomes more about how they view their personal safety how life changes. Checking ebay and Craigs list in sales for the surrounding towns is a good idea. Sometimes they take it to pawn shop or local flea market vendors for a quick sale too. Did you take out any insurance on the item to begin with when you bought it? I am not sure if you own your condo but do you have any insurance on your condo that may cover it? Good Luck!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Man that does suck. Your best bet would be to take the serial number of your iPod to the local pawn shops with a copy of the police report and inform them it was stolen, and you're offering a reward. Most of the time, they're nice enough to get the perp's info and forward it and the iPod to the local PD, where you can recover it.

I suggest you also Google "microdot", which is a form of using tiny dots with special serial numbers to mark your personal electronics. This way you can positively ID your stuff even if you don't have a serial number. The dot itself has one, and since all the dots have the same number you can track it that way.

If you don't mind me asking, how did they break in?

Kris
    Last edited by MarineOne; 10-17-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Spelling; hewkd un fonnicks es werkin fer mi

I'm sorry to hear this.
    I cant stand a thief, especially one that will break in to your home.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Man I am so sorry to hear that, this really does duck. I wish I had an answer for your invasion, but I do hope they catch them.

Keith

If you used a credit card to purchase the ipod contact the cc company. Sometimes they will offer theft protection for a certain period. If they do you will need a police report, and it sounds as if you have that. Assuming you did use a CC it can't hurt to call the customer service number on the card.

Sorry about the break in. Good luck.

Yeah that sucks bro.

Thanks for the advice and support. They broke through the back door into the basement. I called a bunch of pawn shops and told them what happened and they were kind enough to take my information and keep an eye out. I also checked craigslist and ebay, so far nothing.

Man I hate a thief. I've read way too may posts like this one lately. Good luck.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, IPODs and other MP3 players are usually kept or traded directly for drugs. The odds of finding them are pretty slim. If only the cigars and IPODs were taken, it is an indicator of juveniles. More experienced or older thieves would take firearms, TVs, DVD players, computers, etc, that can easily be readily converted into cash. Naturally these are generalities.

I'm sorry for your loss. The feelings of invasion of privacy are often worse than the financial loss. If you'll email me your address, I'd be glad to donate some cigars to help re-stock your humidor.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

I really get miffed when I hear stuff like this. Assholes! It takes alot of guts or alot of stupidity to do stuff like this. This summer my church was broken into. Nothing is holy to idiots like that. It is a bummer that you had to go through that. I know it is not fun. For what its worth, I hope it never happens again to you. Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Thread Information