Thread: Port Charlotte

Default Port Charlotte

It's 2 am and I'm in Arcadia Florida for an overnight business trip. Gotta work until 8 am but right now I'm just sitting outside smoking a Rocky Patel Sun Grown Beli and I'm thinking to myself I got a sweet job. I got on a plane Monday and it was like 45 degrees. I got off the plane and it was 80 something. It's so cold in Florida I had to put a tee shirt on just to go outside.

I have to smoke at work because the hotel I'm staying at in Port Charolet is a completely nonsmoking hotel. What's up with that Florida? I fell like I'm back in DC with all these nonsmoking restictions. I thought you guys were cool Florida. Just kidding. Just rambling on here on my phone.

I checked my phone for some cigar shops in Port Charolet and it listed quite a few. Anyone have some local recomendations? I have to start headed back to Sarasota at about noon today (Tuesday). Figured I'd drive around in the morning.

Just a little more ramble while I'm here. This RP is pretty good. Great flavor and holds a long ash. I think all I have left in my bag is an Excalibur No3 and a RyJ corona. I'd have then smoked by now but I revert back to the no smoking at the hotel.

Stay safe night owls. I'm stating up with ya.

Blog Entries

The Wooden Indian Expeditions put this into search I am not sure if your close to this area or not .

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Shame - it's roughly a 3 hour trip to Orlando - to the Corona Cigar Company. Great place (if you get the chance).

You're also relatively close to Tampa - and there's a WHOLE lot of great cigar culture there! You'll find quite a few old school Cuban rollers in Ybor City. That would defintely be worth the trip as well. Lots of neat locally rolled goodies!

Found a really nice, cozy cigar shop/smoking room. The Olde Punta Gorda in Punta Gorda. I got a lot of Miami rolled cigars I could never find up north. I also got 5 of the shop's signature brand. The Primera Isabella named after the owners grand daughter. (I got the torpedos; supposed to be VERY bold and spicy for about $4.50) I can't wait to try these and tell you all what I think. I didn't have a lot of time to go far but I'm glad I found a shop that sold localized cigars. I can find the commercial brands anywhere, you know? Thanks you guys for your quick suggestions and I'll keep them in mind next time I'm in Florida. Which I hope is more than once a year.

Thread Information