Thread: Great ashes!!

1. Default Great ashes!!

Well i have had the week and a half from hell. My cousin (very close to me, as I to him) shot himself in the head. Really caught the whole family by surprise, but it is what it is. I will miss him.... Oh and he was only 24, too young to think there was no way out. Well I need to get on topic so thats the backdrop for this little tale. I found a smoke shop in Indiana while ther and picked up what I thought were keepers. I got a Gurkha Black Dragon(robusto), NUB (Connecticutt), and Oliva (Vseries). All were really tasty sticks. The Gurkha was amazing, very good to me and I am going to try to squeeze a box of them out soon, really soon. BACK ON TASK. So i also grabbed the trusty RP Edge while there, and had one left over from the trip and sparked it last night. It was nice, I am used to these being very good, but this particular one was very well rolled and smoked like a dream, this is where the whole point comes in. I have attached a picture of the ash it held, as it was the longest ash for me to date. It was just a touck over half the stick before it fell off. All in all the RP Edge is a great everyday smoke for me, but I am going to try to get some more Gurkhas! They are a Nice! Cheers JOE>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stoge.longashe.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	1159  

Blog Entries

I'm sorry for your loss.

That is an impressive ash. Nice work.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your cousin - that is awful. My longest ash so far is only about 1.5 inches - but it isn't because it falls off (I've been touching it to the ashtray). Do most of you guys allow the ash to grow until it falls off or do you force it?

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Do most of you guys allow the ash to grow until it falls off or do you force it?
    If there's a chance it's going to fall in my lap, I ash it.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Sorry for your loss, that was certainly a tradgedy! The ash is a curious thing. It's like a game every time to see how long it will burn. IMHO sticks that ash out long who that they are excellent sticks and that they are well constructed. Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

I am truly sorry for your loss.

Keith

7. Default

Thats a tragedy, very sorry man.

The ash looks good, longer than any of my best. I find that whenever I try to get a long ash it ends up in my lap so I've started to make sure to knock if off after while. I started this habit after even an NUB managed to drop a huge ash in my lap.

I totally mis-read the title to the post...

Sorry for you loss, and welcome to the board.

I had a first cousin kill himself too, he was much older than me but I knew something was up when I saw him. (I was 7 or 8 and he was in his 20's)
    Condolences . .

That is a good ash. Did you take a picture of it every puff?

I love that about cigar smoking, if you want to be cool, the ash has to be long. When it falls in your lap, you're a doofus.
    There's only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't!

10. Default

Sorry to hear about the loss. Check this ash out. Picture is attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nice cigar smoke.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	1161  

Thread Information