Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cigar Juice

Default Cigar Juice

I'm just curious as to how many of you use this "cigar" solution on your humidifiers and stuff or if you just use distilled water. I'm about to run out of the solution and want to know if I should spend the extra money on it or just go out and get a gallon of distilled water. Thanks for the help!

I'm still new to cigar keeping but common sense tells me it's junk. Humidity is water vapor, I can't imagine them making "better humidity."

I'd say what matters most is the medium you use for your distilled water/solution.

3. Default

I use water.
    The older I get ,the better I was

search humidity beads and get some distilled water.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Cigar juice... sounds like something that belongs in a spittoon, not a humidor.

Go with the beads and distilled water.

Sounds good thanks for the info guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Cigar juice... sounds like something that belongs in a spittoon, not a humidor.

Go with the beads and distilled water.
    Shelby07,
    Do you use the beads?
    A fella at the Gars and Grapes, near SW Plaza, told me to use the gel. He said that Colorado was sooo arid, the beads were unecessary because a humidor here needed constant addition of moisture, not adding and subtracting the way the beads do.
    What has your experience been?
    Thanks.
    Victor
    Last edited by VictorMJR66; 11-12-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorMJR66 View Post
    Shelby07,
    Do you use the beads?
    A fella at the Gars and Grapes, near SW Plaza, told me to use the gel. He said that Colorado was sooo arid, the beads were unecessary because a humidor here needed constant addition of moisture, not adding and subtracting the way the beads do.
    What has your experience been?
    Thanks.
    Victor
    I have Oasis systems but I still put beads in my humidors. What the guy said makes sense on the surface, but he's forgetting that you still need the ability to take moisture out of the air, as temperature drops of a couple of degrees F will cause a significant rise in RH. My house can fluctuate several degrees from day to night as I don't run the heat at night in the winter and also adjust the A/C to go up and down when I'm not here. I don't have to tell you about temperature swings in Colorado.

But the proof is in the pudding. My cigars are in perfect condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I have Oasis systems but I still put beads in my humidors. What the guy said makes sense on the surface, but he's forgetting that you still need the ability to take moisture out of the air, as temperature drops of a couple of degrees F will cause a significant rise in RH. My house can fluctuate several degrees from day to night as I don't run the heat at night in the winter and also adjust the A/C to go up and down when I'm not here. I don't have to tell you about temperature swings in Colorado.

But the proof is in the pudding. My cigars are in perfect condition.
    That makes great sense!
    My heating and AC is set to go up and down depending on the time of day and whether I am home or not as well.
    I was sold on the beads after reading the cooledor sticky. Even after purchasing the gel, I felt that I should have looked further into the rh beads.
    Thanks for clearing this up for me. I am going to order the beads and sleep better at night knowing my babies are in good health!

10. Default

god, just reading the phrase "cigar juice" makes me think of vomiting. that is a gross phrase.

in relation to what you are actually asking, i know some guys that use propeline (sp?) glycol, but humi beads and distilled water seem to work great for me.

edit: never use anything other than dw with humi beads

Quote Originally Posted by sushiboy View Post
    god, just reading the phrase "cigar juice" makes me think of vomiting. that is a gross phrase.

in relation to what you are actually asking, i know some guys that use propeline (sp?) glycol, but humi beads and distilled water seem to work great for me.

edit: never use anything other than dw with humi beads

"propeline"? What the heck is a "propeline"?

I opened my 'sponge' and found that it has the same green foam the florist uses to stick artificial flowers in. Since then, I just use tap water.

The title of this one pulled me in! Cigar Juice?! That sounds frikkin disgusting!
    There's only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't!

Blog Entries

Has anyone tried using a dedicated humidor and mixing a little brandy or whatever into the mix?
    " I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FranK View Post
    Has anyone tried using a dedicated humidor and mixing a little brandy or whatever into the mix?
    I've heard from a couple people on here that it works. I've never tried it though.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

My local B&M actually sells a jack daniels cigar that apparently some guy makes here in NC and I took a smell inside the jar he has them in and man it's no joke. I doubt I'm going to spend 8 bucks to try one but it definitely has the smell to it. Not sure what process he uses though.

Quote Originally Posted by -nick- View Post
    My local B&M actually sells a jack daniels cigar that apparently some guy makes here in NC and I took a smell inside the jar he has them in and man it's no joke. I doubt I'm going to spend 8 bucks to try one but it definitely has the smell to it. Not sure what process he uses though.
    It's called "infusion".

Don't know why you'd want to infuse a cigar with Brandy - I've never much cared for those kinds of cigars. To each his own, I suppose.

It's much like home brewing beer, or making wine. You probably will have success, but to truly get it "right" - you really need to know what you're doing.

Good luck with that project!

My first experience with my very own cigars, and my very own humi was with Thompson. They love the naive!
    The cigars were so bad, I went ahead and infused (put a shot glass filled with distillate in the humi ) them with jack, brandy, anything to take the taste of asss from the cigars.
    Guess what??
    Yep, flavored asss!!
    Not one cigar from that humi ever tasted good after that!

Education IS expensive!!

Blog Entries

The Acid cigars of Drew Estates seem to have been making quite a lot of greenbacks for the last few years with herbal infused cigars. I saw some VERY expensive brandy infused Gurkhas advertised for more than what my car is worth. I guess it's in the technique.
    " I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky"

The Acid cigars of Drew Estates seem to have been making quite a lot of greenbacks for the last few years with herbal infused cigars. I saw some VERY expensive brandy infused Gurkhas advertised for more than what my car is worth. I guess it's in the technique.
    Have you tried either one?

I'm not quite sure what they're doing, more than an excellent marketing campaign...

Thread Information