Thread: Brock Lesnar?

Default Brock Lesnar?

I don't know how many of you keep up with mma or the ufc but apparently Brock Lesnar might not ever fight again? I'm going to be so pissed if he doesn't fight again because he was entertaining to watch fight and I couldn't wait for someone to beat his ass!

Over a lung infection no less.

Blog Entries

last I heard he is expected to be in fighting condition within 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    Over a lung infection no less.
    Did he get the infection from smoking those "clove cigars"

Keith

5. Default

When he first joined the UFC I felt like it was a horrible move on Dana White's part, then I felt like he got his title shot way too soon. Then, after he made a complete ass out of himself at UFC100 I was pretty sure he was going to ruin the UFC. BUT, it was looking like he was taking the sport more seriously and becoming a "student of the game". With his size and strength alone he is a force, but if he could get some technical skills under his belt I think he could be unstoppable. Now we may never know. (but first and foremost, as Nick said, I REALLY wanted to see him get his ass kicked!!)
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something" - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by SirPuffsAlot View Post
    When he first joined the UFC I felt like it was a horrible move on Dana White's part, then I felt like he got his title shot way too soon. Then, after he made a complete ass out of himself at UFC100 I was pretty sure he was going to ruin the UFC. BUT, it was looking like he was taking the sport more seriously and becoming a "student of the game". With his size and strength alone he is a force, but if he could get some technical skills under his belt I think he could be unstoppable. Now we may never know. (but first and foremost, as Nick said, I REALLY wanted to see him get his ass kicked!!)
    Yeah he does seem to be changing I was excited to see his next fight that other guy looked like he would give Brock a good fight.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -nick- View Post
    Yeah he does seem to be changing I was excited to see his next fight that other guy looked like he would give Brock a good fight.
    Yeah, Shane Carwin seems like a bad dude. He won his first 8 pro fights in the first round, and he's the only other guy in the UFC that wears the ridiculously huge 4XL gloves. Actually, I'm pretty sure Carwin is currently undefeated.
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something" - Plato

Yeah, Shane Carwin seems like a bad dude. He won his first 8 pro fights in the first round, and he's the only other guy in the UFC that wears the ridiculously huge 4XL gloves. Actually, I'm pretty sure Carwin is currently undefeated.
    Yeah he is which I'm surprised I haven't heard of him until he was going to fight Lesnar.

Carwin is nasty! He knocked out Gabriel Gonzaga in his last fight with a 10 inch jab!!! He's got everything Brock has and KO power. I've yet to see Brock knock anybody out. I'm ready for this fight!!!

Is anyone watching UFC 106 tonight??
    All my ex's live in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuma787 View Post
    Carwin is nasty! He knocked out Gabriel Gonzaga in his last fight with a 10 inch jab!!! He's got everything Brock has and KO power. I've yet to see Brock knock anybody out. I'm ready for this fight!!!

I wish I could've I love Forest Griffin and HATE Tito Ortiz. 45 dollars is a little out of my price range to watch something that'll air in a couple months.

I was hoping they would match Lesnar against Todd Duffee. He knocked Tim Hague out in 7 seconds in UFC 102. He has some great skills, just didn't have time to showcase them.

Carwin in large and strong. I just don't recall how his ground game is. And, against a great wrestler like Brock, ya gotta have em. Brock is one fast beast on the ground!

If he can remember he is in the UFC now, and not the play-fakes, he can gain fans. Otherwise, let's get someone in there to kick his ass!!

I do hope he recovers and comes back. The HWs need some excitement.

I saw that Duffee fight (beating), I think it was the first or second punch he threw that ended it. What a giant, and I think he's very young too. Carwin was a DII national wrestling champ in '99, so he's pretty good on the ground. He's got a purple belt in BJJ, trains under Greg Jackson and he's got great power in both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorMJR66 View Post
    I was hoping they would match Lesnar against Todd Duffee. He knocked Tim Hague out in 7 seconds in UFC 102. He has some great skills, just didn't have time to showcase them.

Carwin in large and strong. I just don't recall how his ground game is. And, against a great wrestler like Brock, ya gotta have em. Brock is one fast beast on the ground!

If he can remember he is in the UFC now, and not the play-fakes, he can gain fans. Otherwise, let's get someone in there to kick his ass!!

I do hope he recovers and comes back. The HWs need some excitement.
    All my ex's live in Texas.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fuma787 View Post

I watched the prelims that spike aired for free but couldnt justify paying for the main events. I didnt know Carwin was a purple belt in bjj, that should help! Didn't do much for Mir though...lol.

I watched the prelims that spike aired for free but couldnt justify paying for the main events. I didnt know Carwin was a purple belt in bjj, that should help! Didn't do much for Mir though...lol.
    LOL
    Ya, Frank Mir has decided to show the world that he is a striker. Not so much.
    He took the fight lightly, and paid dearly! Mir is used to getting lucky when his opponent makes a mistake, and he uses his jujitsu to capitalize on it. Brock, on the other hand, takes fighing very seriously. He learned from his mistake, and without hitting the back of the head (BS stoppage by Massagatti, btw), pummeled Mir!
    Lesner was still an ass after the fight, but I ain't tellin him!

Quote Originally Posted by VictorMJR66 View Post
    LOL
    Ya, Frank Mir has decided to show the world that he is a striker. Not so much.
    He took the fight lightly, and paid dearly! Mir is used to getting lucky when his opponent makes a mistake, and he uses his jujitsu to capitalize on it. Brock, on the other hand, takes fighing very seriously. He learned from his mistake, and without hitting the back of the head (BS stoppage by Massagatti, btw), pummeled Mir!
    Lesner was still an ass after the fight, but I ain't tellin him!
    I don't think someone who has a black belt in jujitsu takes fighting lightly.

Thread Information