Thread: Xikar.

1. Default Xikar.

I just wanted to let veryone know here that Xikar has the best customer care I have ever dealt with. I had a cutter break and had not had it long but they had no problem replacing it and they are sending me a 3 stick HC sampler to boot. So for everyone who likes the Xikar and might be hung up on the decision, I would say go for it (if you like their cutters). I love their cutters and cannot wait to get mine back. Hope this is somewhat helpful to someone??... JOE>

Quote Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
    I just wanted to let veryone know here that Xikar has the best customer care I have ever dealt with. I had a cutter break and had not had it long but they had no problem replacing it and they are sending me a 3 stick HC sampler to boot. So for everyone who likes the Xikar and might be hung up on the decision, I would say go for it (if you like their cutters). I love their cutters and cannot wait to get mine back. Hope this is somewhat helpful to someone??... JOE>
    Been wanting one for quite some time now. I am really interested in their multi-tool scissor cutter. Gonna wait though as I just bought the wife a new car. Well she says it's our but really it's hers. I can't complain though right, I mean she did let me buy a new motorcycle.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    Been wanting one for quite some time now. I am really interested in their multi-tool scissor cutter. Gonna wait though as I just bought the wife a new car. Well she says it's our but really it's hers. I can't complain though right, I mean she did let me buy a new motorcycle.
    I've had their multi-tool scissor cutter for about 4 months now. I've cut all my cigars with it and even some of my buddies so its gotten a good amount of use. I have not had a single issue with it. Its always a clean cut. I highly recommend it. Hope this helps!

I have several Xikar products from lighters to cutters and have never had an issue with any of them. Great quality! I would never hesitate to buy another product from them.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

I like the fiberglass one that I bought from them. IMO it seems to stick just a bit when I am trying to open it. Is this a normal thing for xikar cutters? Or should I look to get it repaired or replaced?
    Just another day at the office!

Roger-
    It needs a drop of oil. Refer to owners manual for up-keep.

7. Default

IMHO Palio makes a better product
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    IMHO Palio makes a better product

Having only 2 parts makes for an easier cut for me(as opposed to 3 in the Xikar). With the Xikar I always find one blade cuts in before the other.

Although, I do like my Xikar lighter more then other torch lighters.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

The oil helped some. But it still seems difficult to open. I would like to open it with one hand but it does not seem to do hang up some how. The oil made a slight difference in the performance of it opening.
    Just another day at the office!

Shouldn't need oil. If it's not working send it in. They'll replace it free.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    Shouldn't need oil. If it's not working send it in. They'll replace it free.
    Yep, and very quickly too!

Love my Xikars, I have a couple Palios, they work great too, but I prefer the feel of the Xikar.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Thread Information