Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigar things that annoy you

SFG75 Guest

Default Cigar things that annoy you

1.)Figurados.....I can't stand them.
    2.) "Barbershop" cutters--I'd rather chew off the cap with my mouth.
    3.)Thompson telemarketing calls.
    4.)Candelas
    5.)Tunneling

Blog Entries

Who'd be stupid enough to get on Thompson's telemarketing list in the first place? Oh, sorry Scroto, you must order from them, huh?

What's wrong with candelas? Whoooops, never mind, you like flavored cigars so once again, your taste in cigars is only above that of a dung beetle.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

SFG75 Guest

Sorry, have to add a few more things....

6.)Getting cigars out of a new box without that ribbon thingy
    7.)Churchill cigars that really have the dimensions of a corona
    8.)Trilogy cigars that aren't triangle-pressed.

4. Default

8.)Trilogy cigars that aren't triangle-pressed.

For some strange reason this one was bugging me too, but I am not much of a bradley fan to begin with so...

My number one annoyance: Cigar Snobs.

9) Arrogant people continuously posting worthless nonsense on cigar boards.
    10) A cigar smoker who would think a flavored cigars is worth taste testing.
    11) A certain cigar smoker who has a ranked list of his favorite flavored cigars
    12) Someone who puts a numbered ranking on a cigar that is not worth ranking.
    13) A nameless person who smokes Thompson reject specials and tels me how fantastic they are.
    14) A Guy on a cigar board posting quotes from historical figures.
    15) Someone who recommends cigar sales and specials when they're much cheaper elsewhere
    16) A person who sees a certain cigar site and just can't wait to share it with others, despite the fact that he has no clue if the site is truly worth scrutiny...

Quote Originally Posted by entheomation
    My number one annoyance: Cigar Snobs.

Lee - this guy don't like your place....

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Lee - this guy don't like your place....

Good, we don't allow homo's over there anyway....

8. Unhappy

???

I didn't realise that this board condoned such behavior.

Ok. I'll bite. This is just for fun... RIGHT?

1.)Figurados.....I can't stand them. == Why??? What’s wrong with the good ole shaped cigar??? Sounds like you’re very intolerant and anal! Ever watch the movie “Grumpy Old Men”?
    2.) "Barbershop" cutters--I'd rather chew off the cap with my mouth. == And, you’ve been Paranoid about “germs” from what age? Ok. It’s kind of unsanitary. Real men don’t care!
    3.)Thompson telemarketing calls. == Agree… actually ANY telemarketing!
    4.)Candelas. == Do you hate all things different?
    5.)Tunneling. == Agree… this is a blatant defect in a cigar.
    6.)Getting cigars out of a new box without that ribbon thingy… == Man! You need counseling! Any how… I read somewhere in one of my old cigar books that the proper technique is to push down on the head and grab the foot of the cigar. Most experienced cigar smokers use the same tool they use to open the box… slip the tool (or knife) between the foot and the side of the box and it’s really easy! And this bothers you? Are you retarded?
    7.)Churchill cigars that really have the dimensions of a corona. == The more you learn about sizes and labeling, the more you’ll find this is common throughout the cigar industry. Get over it.
    8.) Trilogy cigars that aren't triangle-pressed. == This is a big problem??? I rarely even see this brand.
    9) Arrogant people continuously posting worthless nonsense on cigar boards. == Like you?
    10) A cigar smoker who would think a flavored cigars is worth taste testing. == Ok. I kind of agree…
    11) A certain cigar smoker who has a ranked list of his favorite flavored cigars. == Sounds like you have a little vendetta.
    12) Someone who puts a numbered ranking on a cigar that is not worth ranking. == But YOUR opinion is better than THEIR opinion, right? Hhhmmmmmmm.
    13) A nameless person who smokes Thompson reject specials and tells me how fantastic they are. == There’s no accounting for taste!!! There again, YOUR opinion is better than THEIR opinion, right?
    14) A Guy on a cigar board posting quotes from historical figures. == So, you think we should burn all the history books? “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!” Sigmund Freuid
    15) Someone who recommends cigar sales and specials when they're much cheaper elsewhere. == Thank God you know EVERYTHING!
    16) A person who sees a certain cigar site and just can't wait to share it with others, despite the fact that he has no clue if the site is truly worth scrutiny... == There again, YOUR opinion is better than THEIR opinion, right?

Hey! That was fun… I guess it’s ok to share my first instinct about other posts here, right? Well, I know you might get pissed off because I didn’t agree with your opinion. But, I decided to post it anyway! Even at the risk of offending you. You see, I’m not doing in a mean way… I’m kind of poking fun at the Archie Bunkers here. Or, do you NOT see that?

Anyway, I’m going to add my 2 cents worth of “Cigar things that annoy you” just in case someone wants to poke fun at me!

A. Cigar wrapper leaf that pop off when you’re smoking!
    B. People (like little know-it-alls) who have some little tid bit of information wrong and share (or post) it with other cigar smokers.
    C. People who take their opinion and share it with others as if it were a “fact” instead of their personal opinion!
    D. People who don’t know what they are talking about and use their stupid logic to explain something the know nothing about and share (or post) it as if they have some kind of credible information. That's what we call "Wive's Tales" ... Don't GUESS! Read a book!
    E. Here’s one that will confirm that I’m anal too! People who don’t know the difference between these common words:
    1. Then & Than
    2. Their, there & they’re
    3. Hear & Here
    4. Your & You’re
    5. too & to
    6. allot & a lot

F. The Web Site Bulletin Board guys who abbreviate EVERYTHING! Like they are COOL and speak to other cool cigar guys in their secret code talk! RASS, WOA, WOAM, SG, BTL, LGC, PSE, PGC, Hemi, Monte, Connie, etc.
    G. ISOM! That’s REALLY stupid!!! IMHO, it’s the dumbest thing they’ve ever come up with!!! Secret code? Island South of Miami? For God’s sake! You can say CUBA! You think the Fed’s aren’t going to figure that out? Does that make you feel secure? Or, dose it make you feel COOL??? Every once in a while I smoke a cigar from CUBA!! C U B A ! ! ! CUBA!

There! Now you got my opinion! I think it’s kind of funny! Hope you guys can take a Joke because . . . I’m Stinky!

10. Default

Good Job Stinky, You said what I was thinking!!!
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky

1.)Figurados.....I can't stand them. == Why??? What’s wrong with the good ole shaped cigar??? Sounds like you’re very intolerant and anal! Ever watch the movie “Grumpy Old Men”?
    2.) "Barbershop" cutters--I'd rather chew off the cap with my mouth. == And, you’ve been Paranoid about “germs” from what age? Ok. It’s kind of unsanitary. Real men don’t care!
    6.)Getting cigars out of a new box without that ribbon thingy… == Man! You need counseling! Any how… I read somewhere in one of my old cigar books that the proper technique is to push down on the head and grab the foot of the cigar. Most experienced cigar smokers use the same tool they use to open the box… slip the tool (or knife) between the foot and the side of the box and it’s really easy! And this bothers you? Are you retarded?
    7.)Churchill cigars that really have the dimensions of a corona. == The more you learn about sizes and labeling, the more you’ll find this is common throughout the cigar industry. Get over it.
    8.) Trilogy cigars that aren't triangle-pressed. == This is a big problem??? I rarely even see this brand.
    9) Arrogant people continuously posting worthless nonsense on cigar boards. == Like you?
    10) A cigar smoker who would think a flavored cigars is worth taste testing. == Ok. I kind of agree…
    11) A certain cigar smoker who has a ranked list of his favorite flavored cigars. == Sounds like you have a little vendetta.
    12) Someone who puts a numbered ranking on a cigar that is not worth ranking. == But YOUR opinion is better than THEIR opinion, right? Hhhmmmmmmm.
    13) A nameless person who smokes Thompson reject specials and tells me how fantastic they are. == There’s no accounting for taste!!! There again, YOUR opinion is better than THEIR opinion, right?
    14) A Guy on a cigar board posting quotes from historical figures. == So, you think we should burn all the history books? “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!” Sigmund Freuid
    15) Someone who recommends cigar sales and specials when they're much cheaper elsewhere. == Thank God you know EVERYTHING!
    16) A person who sees a certain cigar site and just can't wait to share it with others, despite the fact that he has no clue if the site is truly worth scrutiny... == There again, YOUR opinion is better than THEIR opinion, right?

Hey! That was fun… I guess it’s ok to share my first instinct about other posts here, right? Well, I know you might get pissed off because I didn’t agree with your opinion. But, I decided to post it anyway! Even at the risk of offending you. You see, I’m not doing in a mean way… I’m kind of poking fun at the Archie Bunkers here. Or, do you NOT see that?

Anyway, I’m going to add my 2 cents worth of “Cigar things that annoy you” just in case someone wants to poke fun at me!

B. People (like little know-it-alls) who have some little tid bit of information wrong and share (or post) it with other cigar smokers.
    C. People who take their opinion and share it with others as if it were a “fact” instead of their personal opinion!
    D. People who don’t know what they are talking about and use their stupid logic to explain something the know nothing about and share (or post) it as if they have some kind of credible information. That's what we call "Wive's Tales" ... Don't GUESS! Read a book!
    E. Here’s one that will confirm that I’m anal too! People who don’t know the difference between these common words:
    1. Then & Than
    3. Hear & Here
    4. Your & You’re
    5. too & to
    6. allot & a lot

F. The Web Site Bulletin Board guys who abbreviate EVERYTHING! Like they are COOL and speak to other cool cigar guys in their secret code talk! RASS, WOA, WOAM, SG, BTL, LGC, PSE, PGC, Hemi, Monte, Connie, etc.
    G. ISOM! That’s REALLY stupid!!! IMHO, it’s the dumbest thing they’ve ever come up with!!! Secret code? Island South of Miami? For God’s sake! You can say CUBA! You think the Fed’s aren’t going to figure that out? Does that make you feel secure? Or, dose it make you feel COOL??? Every once in a while I smoke a cigar from CUBA!! C U B A ! ! ! CUBA!

There! Now you got my opinion! I think it’s kind of funny! Hope you guys can take a Joke because . . . I’m Stinky!

HEY, it's the ashtray guy!!!! Welcome to CigarSmokers Stinky

Scotty (SFG75) is gonna wish you never found this place
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-03-2005 at 12:26 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

wow,incredible first post,now tell us how u really feel
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    wow,incredible first post,now tell us how u really feel
    Uh, I think he DID tell you how he really feels...........
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

uh yeah its hard to see sarcasm on the computer ,sorry cat
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

SFG75 Guest

Welcome Stinky!. I like your sense of humor.

Welcome to the board Stinky! Good post!
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by entheomation
    ???

I didn't realise that this board condoned such behavior.
    You're absolutely right!!! Scotty should not be able to post this garbage - but he does... Whatcha gonna do - Scotty doesn't know any better... Oh, well - we just gotta live with it....

Welcome, Stinky! Stick around - this oughta be good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky

1. Then & Than
    3. Hear & Here
    4. Your & You’re
    5. too & to
    6. allot & a lot

CC, is this guy related to you?

Welcome aboard Stinky!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    You're absolutely right!!! Scotty should not be able to post this garbage - but he does... Whatcha gonna do - Scotty doesn't know any better... Oh, well - we just gotta live with it....
    George, you missed the "realiSed" one!!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information