Thread: summer humidor project questions

Question summer humidor project questions

I thought that this summer that it would be fun to try to build a humidor (50-75 cigar range) and I was wondering if anyone had built one and could give some recommendations on web sites to use (the couple that I have found cost money or suck) or any general advice on making one. What is a good brand for a humidification device? Should I use one of those florists oases like I have now in my humidor now or some of the humidification beads? Analogue or digital hydrometer? Thanks.

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki.../011127044.asp

Here is a link. I read the article months ago and I just went to the site and you have to pay $3.50 to get the article out of the archive!!

I would use a digital hygrometer. I hear the humidity beads work well! I am thinking about ordering them myself. My humidity is at 76% sometimes lately!! With the beads I could lower the humidity no problem.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Thanks for the reply I saw that site when I was looking around earlier and I was leaning towards the beads and I bought a digital hydrometer today.

Thread Information