Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from a new member

1. Default Hello from a new member

Hello everyone. I have just registered with the forum and I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Tom and I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. I moved to Florida from New Jersey 12 years ago and at this time of year I am really happy about that!

My Wife and I have been married for 17 years and we have two wonderful daughters, ages 13 and 11.

I've smoked cigars for over 20 years and I enjoy the pleasure and relaxation I get from smoking a great cigar.

I'm looking forward to reading all the content on this forum and joining in the discussions.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

2. Default

Welcome to CS
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Welcome from AZ, where this time of year it is pretty dang nice too.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Tom,

Welcome from your own neck of the woods. I'm about an hour north of Tampa myself. And Buzz, it's nicer here. :p
    "Those are like the holy grail of cigars. Indiana Jones and the search for Argenicadomipanurans"
    -Denver24

"Your telling me I need to segregate my grape flavored blunts from the sour apple ones?"
    -Mangyrat

Welcome from Tampa too! Do you have any favorite shops in the area?

Edwards is nice and fancy but the prices are a bit high. Tobacco Depot in St.Pete is my local favorite so far, they are a few dollars cheaper on pretty much all the cigars compared to Edwards, but they aren't as fancy so it really depends what you're looking for.

Blog Entries

Welcome from CO.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

The St. Pete Tobacco Depot is pretty good, but I'm lucky, I have one about 5 mins from my house up here.
    "Those are like the holy grail of cigars. Indiana Jones and the search for Argenicadomipanurans"
    -Denver24

"Your telling me I need to segregate my grape flavored blunts from the sour apple ones?"
    -Mangyrat

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Always nice to meet someone who has been smoking cigars for a while. Enjoy the ride. Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Welcome from Pennsylvania.

Blog Entries

Welcome Tom! I visited Tampa about 24 years ago. It was at the end of a long drive (from CT) so I was pretty much asleep, crunched up in the back of a Datsun 240SX so I don't remember much about your area. We had to pick up a friend and drive him to Welt Palm Beach so we could all go to the Orange Bowl that year. Penn State lost....

It's fricken COLD up here, how the weather there right now? (Never mind, I don't even wanna know.... 'cause I'd be wishing I was there!)
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board. What are some of your favorite smokes?

Welcome from NW Pa...it is pretty farking cold here right now, but hey, I choose to live here

Keith

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Welcome from West Tennessee
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    Welcome from NW Pa...it is pretty farking cold here right now, but hey, I choose to live here

Keith
    Hay Keith! I see US Route 6 goes right through the middle of your town. We only have two highways in my town, Route 198 and US Route 6. Cambridge Springs just might have my town (population 2250) beat by a one or two but we're neck and neck with ya, LMAO!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Hey Tom welcome to the board.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Welcome to the forums.

I spent a year in Temple Terrace. I miss it a little, the seafood mostly, but it's a fantastic city.

-K

Another welcome from Colorado, where even the SUVs can iceskate!

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Hay Keith! I see US Route 6 goes right through the middle of your town. We only have two highways in my town, Route 198 and US Route 6. Cambridge Springs just might have my town (population 2250) beat by a one or two but we're neck and neck with ya, LMAO!
    Hey CC, we are a pretty small town too, but I don't know if the cows can be counted as population

Merry Christmas

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    Hey CC, we are a pretty small town too, but I don't know if the cows can be counted as population

Merry Christmas

Keith
    Depends I guess ..... I've see a few women up in Montana that should have been wearing bells and brands, not hoop earrings and Wranglers.

20. Default

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

My three main cigar shops in the area are Cigars & Pars in New Port Richey (what I consider my "home" shop), Edwards Pipe and Tobacco in West Tampa and King Corona in Ybor City.

The weather is a little chilly these past few days but certainly nothing like up North.

My favorite smokes are Fuente Hemingway Signature, Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Sungrown #60 and Padron Londres. I've been partial to Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8's lately as well.

Thread Information