Thread: AVO 80th Anniversary

Default AVO 80th Anniversary

So I finally got a chance to smoke one of these last night. Yeah it's a little over priced but oh well. Let me say if you were/are a fan of the now exstinct Alec Bradley Havana Sun Grown cigar you must get your hands on this stick.

The first couple inches of the cigar was pretty peppery and full body flavor hints of peppercorn and coffee bean. Then to my suprise the peppery flavor taperd off and mellowed out all of the sudden I get this real velvoty smooth spicy sweet flavor like I am smoking an AB Havana Sun Grown. I was really tacking my time smoking this only taking one puff every 1.5 - 2 minutes. Wow it was great I am going back tonight to pick up 2 more and 'll just hide them in my humidor one for my B-day next Oct and then one for Christmas or New years next year.
    Occupation Foole

Don't let Mr. Uvezian know you're comparing his cigar to an Alec Bradley...

Yep - that's a great one. Along with the Avo 22 and the Avo LE05 (in my opinion the absolute best LE cigar Avo has ever made).

If you have the inkling - and you like the 80th - go to the Corona Cigar Company website and order the Boris 11's. You won't get that spicy upfront taste, but you're definetely will taste the "velvety smoothness" you describe on the latter half of the 80th. You will not regret it.

...and if you find yourself in Orlando - check out the Corona Cigar Company store on most evenings. You'll likely find Avo enjoying a cigar in their lounge. He's quite a character - you will definitely enjoy his company...

Thread Information