Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to vBulletin 4.0

Blog Entries

I dig it Hex, nice work.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Even though I don't really care too much for the color scheme, I think it will be fine. Get too wild with the colors and they are a real distcraction. If I chose the color for the background edges (forest green now) I would change it to a deep maroon color. Color preferences are very subjective so you can take that comment and use it Hex, or just go with what you got already. I like the changes so far. Where can I find the chat room?
    Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Chat is now a link on the top menu bar. I have to figure out how to get the "Users in chat" thingie to appear at some point. But it looks like it's working fine now.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I kinda like the whole "Eddie Bauer" look

Blog Entries

Hex, just a small suggestion - Is it possible to change the number of replies needed to designate a thread as being "hot"? It looks like it is set to 5 right now and just about every thread is hot. The feature of having multiple icon colors would be more useful if the split was more even.

Or maybe I just don't like seeing so much pink on my screen...

Perhaps 100 would be a good number to use?

-Buzz
    Last edited by buzz; 12-24-2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: added a number

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Hex, just a small suggestion - Is it possible to change the number of replies needed to designate a thread as being "hot"? It looks like it is set to 5 right now and just about every thread is hot. The feature of having multiple icon colors would be more useful if the split was more even.

Or maybe I just don't like seeing so much pink on my screen...

Perhaps 100 would be a good number to use?

-Buzz
    Good point buzz. I really don't see the point of "hot threads" to begin with. I think we had them disabled before, or the icon I was using was the same as a normal thread. I disabled this feature completely. The icons look a lot nicer now too I think.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    Good point buzz. I really don't see the point of "hot threads" to begin with. I think we had them disabled before, or the icon I was using was the same as a normal thread. I disabled this feature completely. The icons look a lot nicer now too I think.
    What if you had the different color coincide with a thread that has new posts? It is hard for me to tell the difference between the envelope that is closed (no new posts) and the one that is open (new posts). Not trying to make trouble for you though, this is pretty minor. The "Who's in Chat" is more desirable I think.

At first I didn't care for the new layout, with things on the left when they used to be on the right - but I am starting to like it now...

-Buzz

Blog Entries

I was hoping you'd go with a color scheme that combines BLUE and ORANGE kinda like this one:

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Under the "Find All Posts" there's a "<<First" arrow but no "Last>>" arrow. Is there any way to fix that? Oh and if so, please make that one blue and orange.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    I was hoping you'd go with a color scheme that combines BLUE and ORANGE kinda like this one:

Why would we want to be associated with a bunch of cry babies?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Under the "Find All Posts" there's a "<<First" arrow but no "Last>>" arrow. Is there any way to fix that? Oh and if so, please make that one blue and orange.
    I don't see any broken images on the "Find All Posts" in the members area. Can you post a link to a place where its broken?

Blog Entries

A small annoyance: When I send a PM, the default is to have the message include my signature - is there a way for me to change this in my personal settings or is it a global change?

-Buzz

Blog Entries

Hex,

Is this a new version of chat? If so, there's some cool backgrounds & themes to use now.

However, there's an annoying spam message alot, and I can't type <p> it doesn't show up for some reason.

It also spams me for "lol"

Actually, BWA & I are noticing it spam messages you for an array of stuff...

Will
    Last edited by badwhale; 12-26-2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: some more observations
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I turned on the flash chat admin service when I updated flashchat this afternoon. I didnt realize this was a moderator feature that wasn't enabled before. I turned this off and the spam message should no longer appear.

Blog Entries

Miguel,

It doesn't look like it works when you click on "View your 'About Me' as seen by everyone else" from your user profile page. No biggy, just noticed it and thought I would mention it.

I need to know what the heck my profile looks like!

-Buzz

Blog Entries

I see you can still give rep points, but I can't seem to find them on members profiles. I love to give credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I see you can still give rep points, but I can't seem to find them on members profiles. I love to give credit where credit is due.
    Alright, Jamie. Who was the lucky person who just received "credit?"

Blog Entries

Only the shadow knows.

Blog Entries

Reputation comments are back on memeber profiles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    Reputation comments are back on memeber profiles.
    I obviously need to work on the styles / layout. I hacked together an older version of the vbulletin product that does this, but it dosn't look right on some of your profiles. Hopefully the author will release a new version for 4.0.

Thread Information