Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to vBulletin 4.0

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Miguel,

It doesn't look like it works when you click on "View your 'About Me' as seen by everyone else" from your user profile page. No biggy, just noticed it and thought I would mention it.

I need to know what the heck my profile looks like!

-Buzz
    Buzz, it works for me, it seems like it just takes you back to the main profile page though. Does it not do anything at all for you?
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Just wondering - would it be possible to have a more mobile-friendly skin as an option, please? This one loads a minimum 300k of stuff per page even with all images suppressed by the browser - I've seen over a meg per page if a thread has a bunch of posts (and that's with avatars, sigs, etc., turned off), and the pages are unloadable if there are a bunch of replies.

Again, just wondering.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Thats not a bad idea craig, thank's for bringing it up. I'll look into it this weekend.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

I took a quick look and we do have some nice options for mobile users. I didn't realize anyone was using mobile phones to view/post to the site. vbulletin is going to come out with their own stuff soon, but in the mean time I have some mod's to play around with.

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I took a quick look and we do have some nice options for mobile users. I didn't realize anyone was using mobile phones to view/post to the site. vbulletin is going to come out with their own stuff soon, but in the mean time I have some mod's to play around with.
    Thanks! There isn't a lot to do on the commute to work :-).
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

X2 on the mobile option! Waiting at the mall while the wife does shopping is too boring.

Blog Entries

I’ve got a new mobile style in place for you guys. It works great on forum posts / threads, but does not currently support the blogs and I noticed some of the usercp options don’t format correctly. I don’t have a lot of free time to update the mod, but if the guy who develops the style updates it, I’ll get mobile support going for those options as well.

It *should* auto detect if you are using a mobile phone, however you can switch between styles using the drop down list in the footer. The auto detect didn’t seem to work on my Windows Mobile phone (go figure). If you’re in the mobile style, you can switch back by clicking the “Default Style” link in the footer of the mobile style.

Blog Entries

Thanks!

This loads much quicker, and hopefully won't crash the phone (The pretty skin would crash my admittedly-in-beta browser after about five page views.)

BTW, if you're using Win mobile, then you have my sympathy. :-)However, check out the latest beta of Opera Mobile 10 (m.opera.com/mobile). It handles almost every site (except flash) - but it IS a beta, and early beta at that. It has given a new lease on life to my (relatively) ancient HTC POS (a.k.a. Sprint Mogul in the USA).

Thanks again! Much appreciated,
    -Craig

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    It has given a new lease on life to my (relatively) ancient HTC POS (a.k.a. Sprint Mogul in the USA).
    Your Mogul far outlasted mine. I got an HTC touch when my Mogul died early last year. My Touch should probably get thrown into the toilet. I was waiting on Google’s new phone, but it won't work with Sprint (for now). I'm still kind of hoping Apple's exclusivity contract with AT&T expires and we get to pick our own carriers in the near future.
    Last edited by hex1848; 01-15-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Blog Entries

The best thing about HTC WinMo phones is there are active communities hacking them - XDA-developers.com and ppcgeeks.com

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Hex, do you think it would be possible to make the blue and grey icons a little greater in contrast. Could you deepen the blue a bit more so there is a greater difference so that I can see them bettter? It would especially be appreciated for those of us who have the smaller devices and want to access CS. It would be nice to have a greater difference between those colors of the icons so that it is easier to distinguish between the ones we have read and not read. As it stands right now it seems a little more difficult to tell between them. Thanks. Roger.

Hex I edited this so I could add one other point. I have an I pod touch and I have tried to use the "top" button on the lower left corner of the pages of the threads. I noticed that it does not work. I don't know if it is a problem on this software's end or on my devices. Just curious. Thanks.
    Last edited by Roger; 01-15-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Added info.
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hex, do you think it would be possible to make the blue and grey icons a little greater in contrast. Could you deepen the blue a bit more so there is a greater difference so that I can see them bettter? It would especially be appreciated for those of us who have the smaller devices and want to access CS. It would be nice to have a greater difference between those colors of the icons so that it is easier to distinguish between the ones we have read and not read. As it stands right now it seems a little more difficult to tell between them. Thanks. Roger.

Hex I edited this so I could add one other point. I have an I pod touch and I have tried to use the "top" button on the lower left corner of the pages of the threads. I noticed that it does not work. I don't know if it is a problem on this software's end or on my devices. Just curious. Thanks.
    I kept the default vbulletin thread/post/forum status icons. Mainly because they didn't provide Photoshop versions and I don't have a lot of free time right now to edit them myself. If anyone has some free time and is good with Photoshop, I'll be happy to provide the current icon set.

Was the ipod touch using the new mobile style or the default style?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    Was the ipod touch using the new mobile style or the default style?
    I have not tried the mobile version yet, so the answer is no on that one. I will definately try it and let you know if that makes a difference. Roger.

Blog Entries

I a trying this now using the mobile format on my iPod. Seems to work good, but I see no link that bumps a person to the top of the screen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I a trying this now using the mobile format on my iPod. Seems to work good, but I see no link that bumps a person to the top of the screen.
    Do ipod touches have scrollbars?

I wonder if Safari for the touch has problems with anchor tags. I looked at the HTML markup for the #top anchor and it looks right too me. I guess the mobile style dosn't have a #top link at the bottom, I'll see if I can add a link to that at some point.

Blog Entries

Yeah the touch does not technically have a scroll bar. It requires that you swipe your finger on the screen to scroll. It takes several seconds to get to the top of the thread by doing it that way. If you could add the link that would be nice. Thanks. Roger.

By the way, if you send me the "Icons" I could alter the color of them on Adobe Illustrator if you think that would work. If so just pm me. Thanks.

Blog Entries

I zipped up the status icons and placed them here: http://www.cigarsmokers.com/images/statusicon.zip you really don't need to worry about the red "hot" ones, since I've disabled the hot thread fuctionality in vbulletin

Blog Entries

I added a Top link to the footer of the Mobile style for authenticated users.

Blog Entries

Would it be possible to move the private message total bar (the one that goes from green to red when your box is full) to the top of the private message page? It is at the bottom and not as "in your face". I am pretty sure the older version had it at the top...

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Would it be possible to move the private message total bar (the one that goes from green to red when your box is full) to the top of the private message page? It is at the bottom and not as "in your face". I am pretty sure the older version had it at the top...

-Buzz
    Can you email me a screenshot?

Thread Information