Thread: Upgrade to vBulletin 4.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I dig it Hex, nice work.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Even though I don't really care too much for the color scheme, I think it will be fine. Get too wild with the colors and they are a real distcraction. If I chose the color for the background edges (forest green now) I would change it to a deep maroon color. Color preferences are very subjective so you can take that comment and use it Hex, or just go with what you got already. I like the changes so far. Where can I find the chat room?
    Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Chat is now a link on the top menu bar. I have to figure out how to get the "Users in chat" thingie to appear at some point. But it looks like it's working fine now.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I kinda like the whole "Eddie Bauer" look

Blog Entries

Hex, just a small suggestion - Is it possible to change the number of replies needed to designate a thread as being "hot"? It looks like it is set to 5 right now and just about every thread is hot. The feature of having multiple icon colors would be more useful if the split was more even.

Or maybe I just don't like seeing so much pink on my screen...

Perhaps 100 would be a good number to use?

-Buzz
    Last edited by buzz; 12-24-2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: added a number

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Hex, just a small suggestion - Is it possible to change the number of replies needed to designate a thread as being "hot"? It looks like it is set to 5 right now and just about every thread is hot. The feature of having multiple icon colors would be more useful if the split was more even.

Or maybe I just don't like seeing so much pink on my screen...

Perhaps 100 would be a good number to use?

-Buzz
    Good point buzz. I really don't see the point of "hot threads" to begin with. I think we had them disabled before, or the icon I was using was the same as a normal thread. I disabled this feature completely. The icons look a lot nicer now too I think.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    Good point buzz. I really don't see the point of "hot threads" to begin with. I think we had them disabled before, or the icon I was using was the same as a normal thread. I disabled this feature completely. The icons look a lot nicer now too I think.
    What if you had the different color coincide with a thread that has new posts? It is hard for me to tell the difference between the envelope that is closed (no new posts) and the one that is open (new posts). Not trying to make trouble for you though, this is pretty minor. The "Who's in Chat" is more desirable I think.

At first I didn't care for the new layout, with things on the left when they used to be on the right - but I am starting to like it now...

-Buzz

Thread Information