Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy

Default New Guy

Hey guys, as you can probably tell I am the new person here. I have been reading the boards for like 2 hours straight, I just can't stop because you guys are hilarious and seem to know a good bit about smokes. So a little about me...I just recently started smoking cigars (about a month) after finally quitting cigarettes. Just to let you guys know I am not only young for cigars but also in life, I recently turned 18 in may and I am still living with my parents to help my mom when my dad leaves for Iraq again later this week, and to save some money while going to school for my fire science degree. I got into smoking from my dad when he came back from Iraq last time, he started smoking all the cigars people sent over for free and fell in love with it and carried back home where I was introduced to it.....So my first question is what do you recommend for a few good cigars to pick up and age for a year while he is gone? He prefers full bodied cigars, while I am still in the mediums, but hopefully in a year I will be able to handle and appreciate a full bodied cigar. Thanks guys.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum, Fire Science degree huh, that is rare, not many people going for that one. I just took the Fire Protection Engineering exam, but my degree was in mechanical engineering. Are you looking to get a box of one type of cigar or would a sampler be better? If a sampler is what you are after you can check out cigarbid.com, click on Samplers, and then browse for the Full bodied ones. Another option would be to try out the Newbie Sampler here on this forum - just ask your "sponsor" if they could send mostly Full bodied smokes. If you are going the box route, you might need to get more info on what types your dad likes (I assume you are getting these for your dad). If he has a brand/country/size preference then that will help limit your search.

Is Dr. Cox in reference to Scrubs? Cox is my favorite character in that show - and not just because he is a Red Wings fan.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

I plan on getting the smokes for both of us to share, so I was thinking of going the sampler route. I have been checking out cigarbid but it just seems too dangerous, I could drop a ton of money just to try out some smokes. Has anyone tried the brown bag sampler from Thompson Cigar? It seems like an affordable way for me to try some new cigars.

And yes, dr. cox is from scrubs. I was watching it while registering and I just love that guy.

Blog Entries

Welcome from CO.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dr. cox View Post
    I plan on getting the smokes for both of us to share, so I was thinking of going the sampler route. I have been checking out cigarbid but it just seems too dangerous, I could drop a ton of money just to try out some smokes. Has anyone tried the brown bag sampler from Thompson Cigar? It seems like an affordable way for me to try some new cigars.

And yes, dr. cox is from scrubs. I was watching it while registering and I just love that guy.
    I would recommend going with the Newbie Sampler instead of that brown bag - the members of this forum will put together a much better bag than anything you could get from Thompson's - Except for Jamie, stay away from that dude cause you don't want to know what he sends in a brown bag!

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

What part of Colorado are you from? I assume denver but which part. I am in Windsor, its the little town south of Fort Collins. I already sent a pm to someone asking to sponsor me for the newbie sampler, just waiting for a response.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

welcome from Oregon! Hope you enjoy your stay.
    Just another day at the office!

Hi Dr Cox

Welcome from SC.

I'll send you a PM about the newbie Sampler. Since you are just starting and your dad has been into cigars for a while, i'll try to make the sampler varied enough

Thank your Dad for his service
    sammis

Welcome from Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

Welcome from snowy MA.

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the board Dr.Cox, from W. Tennessee
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

Paul Moran 8802 Oakwood Ave. Munster, IN 46321.

Welcome from the Corn state!

Welcome from NW PA, I second the newbie sampler, you will not be dissapointed.

Keith

Welcome to the forums!!

I'm in Iraq as well, although only as a contractor, but I do help run the cigar night we have here on my small FOB. Any idea as to where he's going to be at over here?

If he likes full bodied cigars, one of my personal favorites is the Casa Magna Colorado Maduro, and it's something I think you might like, too.

Kris

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board from Texas.

for the newbie sampler

Blog Entries

Welcome from Austin Texas.

Get your dad a couple of Rocky Patel Edge Maduros. The toro size is particularly nice.
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Welcome from the other corn state.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dr. cox View Post
    What part of Colorado are you from? I assume denver but which part. I am in Windsor, its the little town south of Fort Collins. I already sent a pm to someone asking to sponsor me for the newbie sampler, just waiting for a response.
    Welcome to the forum! I live in Tallahassee, Florida.

I was in Colorado this past summer visiting a buddy who lives in Steamboat Springs. I got to see Yonder Mountain String Band at Redrocks, then drove up through Boulder and then Rocky Mountain National Park to get to Steamboat. I had a blast. Colorado is an beautiful state.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Welcome to the forum.

Blog Entries

Howdy.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information