Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of Honduras

Blog Entries

Default Pics of Honduras

Brothers,

Per some requests, I have uploaded some pics of my trip to Honduras. These were taken in Roatan which is an island off the northern coast. Some of the pics are of me and the wife and some include my family. Hope you enjoy them!

http://s904.photobucket.com/albums/a...to%20Jan%2010/

Nelson

Blog Entries

Fantastic pic's Nelson. Thanks for sharing them.

Blog Entries

Pure Paradise, my Friend!

Thanks for sharing!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Great pics Nelson, I have the travel itch already and I have to wait till May... ugh.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Awesome pics. Looks like it was a great trip!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Very nice. Those pics almost made me forget it's only 10 degrees here.

Very nice pics, looks real nice there.
    Thanks for letting me live vicariously.

Keith

Nice pics, clear blue water & white sand. I'd like to take a trip somewhere like that, not too sure where I want to go though. Have you ever scuba dived before? Another thing I'd like to do some time.
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Nice pics, clear blue water & white sand. I'd like to take a trip somewhere like that, not too sure where I want to go though. Have you ever scuba dived before? Another thing I'd like to do some time.
    Yup, I've been diving for about 12 years now. Love the sport and can never get enough of it. On this trip, I did 11 dives in 4 days. My wife joined me for 4 of those dives and she was done. I gotta tell you, theres nothing like getting out of the water after a day of diving and cracking open an ice cold beer along with a fine cigar.....AAAAAHHHHHH

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ndv21 View Post
    Yup, I've been diving for about 12 years now. Love the sport and can never get enough of it. On this trip, I did 11 dives in 4 days. My wife joined me for 4 of those dives and she was done. I gotta tell you, theres nothing like getting out of the water after a day of diving and cracking open an ice cold beer along with a fine cigar.....AAAAAHHHHHH
    I feel ya and completely agree. It's been a couple of years for me, but I used to dive fresh water pretty avidly and have a couple hundred dives under my belt ranging from deep to cavern/cave, search and recovery. I miss it, but just can't seem to work it into the schedule any more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I feel ya and completely agree. It's been a couple of years for me, but I used to dive fresh water pretty avidly and have a couple hundred dives under my belt ranging from deep to cavern/cave, search and recovery. I miss it, but just can't seem to work it into the schedule any more.
    I knew you were from The Dark Side! I am still tempted on going tech but the wife says I push the envelope too much! I have about 200 dives as well and am certified as a Nitrox, wreck, deep, rescue, and master diver. At one point I was thinking about doing the instructor course but life got in the way. Sucks how that happens!

Blog Entries

Yep, I stopped at Advanced but had completed almost all of the rescue diver course, but had to withdraw before I got the cert. I wasn't interested enough, or close enough really, for too much salt water diving so I skipped the nitrox and mixed gas stuff. Too damn dark in fresh water to make the mixed gas diving training and expense worth it. Now, if I was doing recovery or search stuff for a living..........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    One of my dives was in Brazil at Abismo Anhumas (www.abismoanhumas.com.br) - it was awesome!

Nelson, you need a camera for those dives, I bet you saw some amazing stuff there.

-Buzz

Blog Entries

Brazil it is! World Cup 2014 and I am there! Buzz, lets start planning (and saving)!

I was thinking about buying a camera but I could not justify the expense. I was smacking myself underwater when I wished I would have pulled the trigger and bought it. Amazing coral and sea life! A few sharks, eals, turtle, manta rays, and crusteceans.....I don't want to talk about it! lol

I'd like to try it once, but shallow diving though, not too deep.
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ndv21 View Post
    Brazil it is! World Cup 2014 and I am there! Buzz, lets start planning (and saving)!

I was thinking about buying a camera but I could not justify the expense. I was smacking myself underwater when I wished I would have pulled the trigger and bought it. Amazing coral and sea life! A few sharks, eals, turtle, manta rays, and crusteceans.....I don't want to talk about it! lol
    Dude how awesome would it be to watch a World Cup game in Brazil!

I had a cheap underwater setup that I used in Panama and Hawaii that took decent pictures. It is a Nikon Coolpix 5600 inside a WP-CP3 housing. No strobes, but I got some decent shots (and you can take movies too). Should be able to find the camera and housing on Ebay for around $50 each. My wife has a Nikon D80, and I have thought about getting a housing and strobes for it, but I would always be nervous about flooding. With my 5600, I don't worry about flooding, plus it is small and no one wants to steal it.

Did a night dive with my wife and caught this eel eating a fish - which Alina wasn't too happy about.

-Buzz

Man that water looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    Believe Dat!

Thanks for sharing. I can't show this thread to my wife. She's already scouring travel deals. Just the other day she was telling me about a deal on a trip to Barbados. lol

While I was in high school, my Boy Scout troop spent a week in Cape Cod getting certified. The idea was that we would be certified for our trip the next year to the Bahama's. Great idea, but as a poor high school kid, I couldn't afford it and only went on a handful of dives the following year. But after seeing your pictures, I might have to look into taking a course again for my next trip.

Sweet pics. Looks like a nice trip!!!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Great pics Nelson...looks like a pretty sweet vacation to me!
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

Thread Information