Thread: Favorite Scotch!

Default Favorite Scotch!

I am interested in buying a nice bottle of scotch.I've never really drank much scotch so any suggestoins would be welcome. I was wondering if any of you had some recommendations? What's your favorite scotch?
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

dewars 12 cant go wrong ,give it a try
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

You need to check out a guy who goes by AVB over on CigarPass. He knows more about Scotch than probably anyone you'll ever come across in your life.

He's a prick like you so you two should get along just great

Now I know you know I'm joking but this is what he sent me in a PM when I asked him what would be GOOD bottles of Scotch to have on hand:

These are 5 I would get in no particular order:
    Balvenie PortWood 21 yo about $80
    Macallan 18 yo about $95 (not the Grand Reserva)
    Lagavulin 16yo about $55 or Laphroaig 15 yo about $55
    Glenfiddich 18 yo about $48 or Glenlivet 18 yo about $48
    Dalmore 21 yo about $75 or Highland Park 18 yo about $65
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-02-2005 at 09:21 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

The McAllen 12 year is my favorite, unless I can afford the 18 year. 12 year goes for about $60 per bottle.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

definitly not the cheap stuff (around 15-20 dollars) i got some of that stuff and it was awful. i had some good 14 yo scotch the other week but it was a friend's bottle and i didn't think to see what it was called.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

My reccomendations:

Glenmorangie 12 year (not sure if this is available with a port finish but if so avoid the port)
    The Dalmore Cigar Malt
    Dewars 12

Hope this helps.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

only scotch i've tried was a bottle of chivas regal 12 yo, i didn't like it, then again i'm not much of a "on the rocks" drinker, gotta mix my stuff with something.

i've never tried scotch.

I bought a bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold Label. It's aged 18 years. I had two glasses the other night and I must say they were really good! I had never drank scotch before and I am not a big fan of hard liquor. I usually only drink beer. I read an article about scotch the other day and it said in scotland it's common to mix your scotch with 50% spring water and enjoy it like that. I had my scotch on the rocks and it really mellows it out, made it very drinkable.

Drake, if you can go treat yourself out to a nice bottle of Scotch and try it out either with some water added or on the rocks along with a good cigar. You might be pleasantly surprised. The article I read also mentioned that having it on the rocks takes away some of the flavor due to the cold temp.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

My favorite Scotch

My current favorite (but then, I'm new to scotch) is the Glenmorangie 12-year-old. I'm thinking the Balvenie might be next...
    PCAK

I have only two vices: smoking cigars...

...and lying about having only two vices.

I was steered towards the Craggenmore 12 yr old at the liquor store. A very wise man did that for me! It is VERY nice!!!

Thread Information