Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel Humi - not in use

1. Default Travel Humi - not in use

Hi everyone, quick question . . .

I just used my new travel humi for 3 days after utilizing 50/50 glycol mixture with spone humi., everything is fine. My question is, after your are done with the travel humi for a while, should I let the foam humi dry out and keep the box open, or does it stay seasoned with timely moisture renewal cycles ready for the next trip, closed? I am thinking I should keep it dry and open until the next trip, at which then, I will add more 50/50 or dist. water at that time . . . any feedback?

Mike

Blog Entries

This is the help desk. Please take a number and take a seat in the waiting area.

Your number: 5,478
    Up next: 3
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Please start off by introducing your self.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    This is the help desk. Please take a number and take a seat in the waiting area.

Your number: 5,478
    Up next: 3
    Oh, c'mon Will... This is NOT the Drivers License Bureau...

Your number: 734
    Up next: 4

Blog Entries

I had to take a number at Sears Jewelry section during christmas. It was well worth it.
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

What kind of box is it?
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeMan View Post
    I had to take a number at Sears Jewelry section during christmas. It was well worth it.
    only if the jewelry section is near the lingere section

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    only if the jewelry section is near the lingere section

Well.. it wouldn't be the Christmas shopping season if the stores were any less hooter th..HOTTER than they are!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Wow, one and only post and he's already gone... that didn't last long
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisFred View Post
    Wow, one and only post and he's already gone... that didn't last long
    Shhhh.... Mike posted his first message and hasn't been back. Maybe he's been too busy to check back.

I'm quite sure when he returns this place will liven up!!!

11. Default ok . . .

I'm Mike, from Florida . . . 33 years of age, 2 children, great wife, great family. I like single malt scotch and hanging out with friends and family, and I am very dedicated to my business. I am not much for chit-chat, so I apologize for those who write to chat. I just utilized the spell check and grammar check (although I choose not to implement it at times being that I am merely thread writing).

I was really curious to what you all thought of my question, any feedback would be great. I hope you all had a great New Year, and I wish the best for you going into 2010.

. . . It's a Cigar Caddy, hard black plastic box.

Blog Entries

I have two. I leave them cracked open. Usually if it's a day trip, I don't even worry about doing anything with the humidity.

Welcome from Bitterville.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

13. Default

Thanks Will

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai411 View Post
    I'm Mike, from Florida . . . 33 years of age, 2 children, great wife, great family. I like single malt scotch and hanging out with friends and family, and I am very dedicated to my business. I am not much for chit-chat, so I apologize for those who write to chat. I just utilized the spell check and grammar check (although I choose not to implement it at times being that I am merely thread writing).

I was really curious to what you all thought of my question, any feedback would be great. I hope you all had a great New Year, and I wish the best for you going into 2010.

. . . It's a Cigar Caddy, hard black plastic box.
    Single malt and a good cigar - is there any better place of refuge???

I usually keep mine continually loaded with cigars - so I can make a quick exit when the opportunity presents itself. Once it is up to humidity, the seal usually keeps the rh inside very stable.

Good question, though, if you'd dry it out between uses. I suppose that really depends on how much you use it. If you use it frequently, it would be best to keep it humidified. If not - it would make sense to dry it out and leave it open and recharge when you fill it.

15. Default

thanks - and yes, I agree - if not used often, I will simply let it dry and recharge it when needed.

The Cigar Caddy is the only box to have. I find that if I take fresh sticks from my humidor, the air-tight Cigar Caddy will keep them that way for several days. I don't usually bother with charging the little sponge in there, unless I'm going to be away for about a week or more.

I have the 5-ct, maybe the bigger ones are a little different, I'm not sure.
    End of line.

I usually remove the foam, except the very top and bottom, and just stack them inside Zip-Lock bags with Boveda packs.

I've got one of the off-branded 50 count Cigar Caddy's and yes they are VERY air tight, to the point that I've had to use the decompression valve when coming back from the States to Kuwait. Going from 6500 feet to sea level in Kuwait, I was able to watch the box expand slightly as the air pressure equalized.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
    I usually remove the foam, except the very top and bottom, and just stack them inside Zip-Lock bags with Boveda packs.

I've got one of the off-branded 50 count Cigar Caddy's and yes they are VERY air tight, to the point that I've had to use the decompression valve when coming back from the States to Kuwait. Going from 6500 feet to sea level in Kuwait, I was able to watch the box expand slightly as the air pressure equalized.
    You should have been around in the days BEFORE the air pressure valve. Life was sure interesting back then...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    You should have been around in the days BEFORE the air pressure valve. Life was sure interesting back then...
    "Hey... I need a ride up to 5,000 feet so I can crack my humidor open"
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Well its better than going from sea level to altitude .... I popped the latches on it and thought it was going to explode trying to get open.

Thread Information