Thread: Boveda Humidity Packs?

Default Boveda Humidity Packs?

Sorry if a topic for this already exists I couldn’t find anything using the search function, but anyways has anyone ever used one of these before or something similar? I already have gel crystals, but I think I am going to need something a little extra to get my humidors through this wonderful tropical global warming winter we got going on here. I’ve read that the packs need to be replaced about every 3 months, so if I invest in some I am planning on buying a box of 12. What is your advice?

here is what I am looking at.
    http://www.famous-smoke.com/boveda+7...178&Ne=1000135

Default Love them

I use the Boveda packs for my desk top humidor. You are correct that they need to be replaced every 3 months. Carefull on the large box. They expire after a year. I use 72 in the winter and 65 in the summer. My humidor stays very steady with them. I also use beads 65, but only in my wine refrigerator that I turned into a humidor. They nice thing with the boveda packs is you can put them anywhere in the humidor. On top of the cigars, under them or beside them.

To quote myself from the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow View Post
    All humidification problems are solved via beads. That's all there is to it. Forget all the other bullshit products.
    End of line.

I use those in my travel humi's. They work well. I'ved used the same ones for years. You can recharge them. When one starts to dry out I swap it out for one in the cooler. By the time I need another, the old one is recharged. I've worn out the paper on the package before ever wearing out the humi stuff.

5. Default

Originally Posted by WhiteWidow
    All humidification problems are solved via beads. That's all there is to it. Forget all the other bullshit products.

I disagree
    The older I get ,the better I was

Well that was polite

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

I have recharged packets like that. I cut them open add some distilled water, fold them several times (3) and tape them well. It works good, but the larger packets are easier to charge.
    Just another day at the office!

I have some Camacho SL&M #2's sitting in a gallon Zip-Lock bag with some Cohiba Siglo VI's and some Boveda packs. I had done this accidentally once and the tastes blended rather well. I'm going to send the Camacho's to a fellow I know that enjoys both cigars, and hopefully the Cohiba's will not be as dry as when I got them from the locals here on the FOB.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    I use those in my travel humi's. They work well. I'ved used the same ones for years. You can recharge them. When one starts to dry out I swap it out for one in the cooler. By the time I need another, the old one is recharged. I've worn out the paper on the package before ever wearing out the humi stuff.
    any secrets on recharging the Broveda Packs, I have an auto ship with them but it would be nice to know just in case

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by geep View Post
    any secrets on recharging the Broveda Packs, I have an auto ship with them but it would be nice to know just in case
    Welcome from Bitterville
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I've only used the Boveda packs to calibrate my hygrometers, Everything else can be done with a combination of beads and crystals.

Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. - Clarence Darrow

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Thread Information