Thread: Macanudo Cafe - Hyde Park

Default Macanudo Cafe - Hyde Park

I smoked a Macanudo Café Hyde Park last evening. This cigar has had been sitting in my humidor for at least 8 months. My wife bought it for me (forgive her, she doesn’t know any better). So I thought I’d bite the bullet and give it a try. On light up- Nothing. First phase- Nothing. Second phase – Nothing. Third phase- Nothing. No taste, no kick, no nothing. However the Bulmer’s hard cider I had with it was very refreshing! The cigar on the other hand was rubbish.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Lmao

Blog Entries

These are one of those cigars that taste better when you smoke them with the cello still on!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

SO... the rumors ARE true!
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Blog Entries

That sound like a perfect Macanudo

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    That sound like a perfect Macanudo
    Yes, and their consistency is astounding!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    These are one of those cigars that taste better when you smoke them with the cello still on!
    Or, if you're buddies with denver24, he WON'T tell you to take the cedar sleeve off.

LMAO!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Great review! I actually felt like I smoked it with you!

Macanoodles
    Smoke em' if you got em'

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

This cigar has had been sitting in my humidor for at least 8 months.
    So apparently everthing doesn't improve with age.
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

A few years ago I had my first "real" cigar, that is... not a swisher sweet or white owl or others likened to them. I remember that the B&M that I bought it from ( a cigar store in Portland) suggested that I try a macanudo. Being that I had not smoked in quite a long time, I would imagine they figured I could not handle anything over the power of a Macanudo. But thinking back to my experience it was uneventful. I never purchased another one, because I was looking for something stronger and much more flavorful. Yep... those Macinoodles certainly leave something to be desired.
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Friends don't let friends smoke Macanudo's or Acids...

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Friends don't let friends smoke Macanudo's or Acids...
    Agreed. On that note I have to admit that I don't like talking shit without first having the experience so after about a year of talking shit about Acids myself and 2 friends decided we would try them. We made it about an inch in before tossing those pieces of shit. They disgusted us so badly we couldn't even find it in us to smoke a replacement stick. Good very amusing review btw.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I smoked a Macanudo Café Hyde Park last evening. This cigar has had been sitting in my humidor for at least 8 months. My wife bought it for me (forgive her, she doesn’t know any better). So I thought I’d bite the bullet and give it a try. On light up- Nothing. First phase- Nothing. Second phase – Nothing. Third phase- Nothing. No taste, no kick, no nothing. However the Bulmer’s hard cider I had with it was very refreshing! The cigar on the other hand was rubbish.
    Friends don't let friends smoke Macanoodles! That includes the wife!!! She should be MUCH more cognizant of her duties...

But - your description is VERY much my experience. Macanudo is so popular because it really doesn't have any flavor. Sounds strange - but to someone that does not smoke cigars, or only rarely smokes cigars - the experience would be enjoyable. Much better experience than handing them a LFD Chisel...

Isn't it Magner's state side?

And any chance you still know people in Ireland who'd send Kilkenny cans with a widget this way? Smithwicks is garbage in comparison.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Isn't it Magner's state side?

And any chance you still know people in Ireland who'd send Kilkenny cans with a widget this way? Smithwicks is garbage in comparison.
    You are absolutly right, Magners and Bulmers are one in the same. Just force of habit calling it Bulmers. You have to drink it like a true Irishman. Large pint glass filled with ice. As for the Kilkenny, I'm going home in April. I'll gladly bring you back a 4'fer.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

You are absolutly right, Magners and Bulmers are one in the same. Just force of habit calling it Bulmers. You have to drink it like a true Irishman. Large pint glass filled with ice. As for the Kilkenny, I'm going home in April. I'll gladly bring you back a 4'fer.
    Sweet sweet candy, I'd have a nice set of sticks for you for that.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Sweet sweet candy, I'd have a nice set of sticks for you for that.
    No problem at all. I always stock up on the few things not available in the states. I'm not a huge beer fan, but I do love Paddy whiskey, and Scrumpy Jack cider, Dunhill Fine cut Menthol cig's and lastly my beloved Tato crisps. No wonder I'm a fat bastard !
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Cool McWHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Friends don't let friends smoke Macanoodles! That includes the wife!!! She should be MUCH more cognizant of her duties...

Much better experience than handing them a LFD Chisel...
    I have never had a McNoodle but I do need to warn my fiance' to never ever buy my any!

OH and BTW, yeah an LFD triple Ligero might be a little tough on an inexperienced smoker to say the least!
    Not that my measly 3 years pales in comparison to how long most of you have been puffin' stogies!
    :P <- See I am even smoking my pipe upside down! hahaa
    Last edited by EdgeMan; 01-20-2010 at 02:52 AM.
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

19. Default

I use to smoke them, they where my cigar of choice, reason being at the time I realy liked them because they where so mild. They do have their place but not for the cigar smokeing regular. My first cigar experence I can't remember what it was but it was a very strong full bodied and full flavored cigar that about killed me. Second experence was with a macanoodle. I liked it at the time. My dad keeps a a couple in his humidor to give to friends that want to try one usually at parties who are non cigar smokers but he usually gives them the rundown on them. Im planning on doing the same. I dont know about this specific Hyde park I've never smoked one of those I usually smoked the portofino tubos. I find my taste use to change like if I was regulary smoking cigars 2-3 a week I would always move away from the mack to something more high class. But when I stopped and went a few months with out smoking cigars they where a good way to break back in. But yes I'd say for the experneced puffer don't waiste your mula

Thread Information